qPCR Analyst - Fixed Term Contract Until June 2021
- Livingston, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Please note working hours are 10hr shifts, working on a 4 days on, 4 days off basis.
To carry out high throughput Covid qPCR testing, working flexibly and communicating effectively to deliver results within contractual turnaround times and to the highest quality standards within the Eurofins, site. The qPCR Analyst will be expected to set an example of quality, productivity and good laboratory practice to all staff.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Processing samples for the presence of SARs-CoV-2 RNA using a range of specialist techniques and technologies. To include:
- Receipt of samples
- Sample lysis within a CL2 laboratory environment
- Automated extraction and purification of RNA
- Production of stock solutions
- Analysis of SARs-CoV-2 RNA by RT-qPCR
- Analysis and interpretation of results
- Reporting of results through a laboratory management system.
- Providing technical support functions of the COVID team including:
- Assist with troubleshooting and recovery of automated processes.
- Managing routine reagent and instrument validations to ensure that business as usual processing is not affected
- Involvement in the validation of new processes, technical improvement projects and implementation of new technologies.
- Provide support for the investigation of quality incidents and complete root cause analysis.
- Complete routine unexpected result investigations, apply learning from investigations to current practice with the aim to evolve processes
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Locally controlled documents are adhered to and seek to challenge procedures where there is an opportunity to improve.
- Undertake your daily role in accordance with the Eurofins values of customer focus, competence and team spirit.
- A science degree with a particular focus on molecular biology desirable.
- Sound knowledge of PCR technology, with specific experience in qPCR
- Previous work experience within a high throughput, highly regulated environment
- Experience in automated equipment is preferred
- Demonstrable understanding of nucleic acid purification, extraction, and analysis using specialised analysis software.
- Quality driven with focus on risk analysis
- Advanced knowledge of the use of excel for data analysis and graphical representation.
- Knowledge of laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
- Maintain full competence in trained areas, including keeping up to date with method changes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.