- Livingston, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Please note working hours are 10hr shifts on a 4 on, 4 off basis. We do require a degree of flexibility in regards to working hours dependent on the needs of the business.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Shift Team Leader to join our covid testing operation. The priority for the successful candidate is to manage the shift and ensure their team delivers operational objectives of turnaround, quality, health and safety.
- Motivate your team to deliver throughput of covid analysis in line with department objectives.
- Perform extraction techniques for the analysis of covid following SOPs.
- Ensure the shift is fully operational with trained and competent staff.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and ensure equipment failures or consumable issues are escalated appropriately.
- Manage new staff training, ensuring key skills and techniques are embedded to perform their role to a high standard.
- Manage the staff in relation to Eurofins’ health and safety policies and expectations.
- Maintain the quality system in line with internal policies and third party requirements and undertake investigations, to ensure effective preventive actions are implemented.
- Take a proactive approach to Continuous Improvement (CI) within all aspects of the day to day role; striving to improve output and the efficiency of activities carried out across the laboratory.
We look for people who believe in what we believe in – people who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team.
- Previous experience of working within a laboratory setting is desirable
- Experience within a supervisory or team leader role.
- An effective communicator
- Excellent attention to detail is essential to instil a right-first-time team philosophy.
- Must have integrity and a strong attitude to quality
- Excellent time management skills required
- Needs to be a good team player
- Adhere to and display Eurofins company values of Customer Service, Quality, Competence & Team Spirit and Integrity
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.