- King of Prussia, PA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Collection of samples from the facility water and clean steam systems; approx. 15 sites/day, M-F or as needed (ie. to fulfill needs of a validation protocol). Samples need to be performed aseptically.
- Collection of samples from the laboratory water purification systems; approx. 8 sites, on a quarterly basis or as needed (ie. to fulfill needs of a validation protocol). Samples need to be performed aseptically.
- Microbiological testing of the facility and/or laboratory water purification system samples. Tests included are LAL and Bioburden. Tests need to be performed aseptically.
- Analytical testing of the facility and/or laboratory water purification system samples. Tests included are TOC, Conductivity and EU WFI Chemical Testing (as applicable)
- GMP review of the above data
- Qualification and Release of Media
- Analytical testing of the facility cleaning samples and Microbial testing of facility In-Process samples
- Initiation and follow-up of exceeded alert and action limits per procedure
- Participation in preparation of quarterly trending reports
- General Appearance/Identifications, FT/IR
- Local Raw Material Methods
- House Gas/Air Sampling and Testing (PAP, O2, CO2,and N2)
- GMP review of the above data
- Initiation and follow-up of OOS and action limits per procedure
- Electronic and physical receipt, log-in and distribution of samples and testing materials (e.g. reagents, assay standards, or controls) coming into QC per procedure. Procedure includes notification of sample arrival to analysts
- Aliquoting of bulk samples [e.g. bulk drug substance(BDS)], assay standards, assay controls and custom assay reagents
- Routine calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment which includes pipettes (except when outsourced to Sable Calibration Services for annual preventive maintenance or calibration), balances, plate readers and pH meters
- Cleaning of incubators, laminar flow hoods and biosafety cabinets
- Cleaning of refrigerators and cold rooms
- Disinfectant preparation
- GMP lab sweeps
- Equipment out-of-tolerance (OOT) and refrigerator, freezer, incubator, pipette investigations
- Weekly distributed control system (DCS) documentation review and maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or Microbiology with a minimum of 1 year Microbiological experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or 3+ years Microbiological experience in the Food Industry.
- Experience in a Quality Control Lab is desired.
- Familiarity with cGMP's is necessary.
- Experience with word processing and database software (i.e. Microsoft Word and EXCEL) is necessary.
- Ability to work flexible hours at times to support business needs.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of King of Prussia, PA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.