IT/Office Assistant - Eurofins CDMO
- Mississauga, ON, Canada
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialized clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
** Contract position - approximately 4 months **
Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. is looking for a dedicated IT/Office Assistant to provide project related support as we prepare for upcoming campus moves and IT integration initiatives.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Support for onsite hardware configuration and set-up
· Support Office, desktop, computer systems, printing issues
· Provide support to all departments within the organization with respect to applications and hardware
· Ensure that ALL IT Services (Networking, Servers, End user computing, etc….) are supported effectively on a continuous basis
· Proactive - Recommend better day to day operational solutions
· Reactive - Engage immediately to provide outstanding customer service and support
· Manage service tickets effectively while properly documenting until fully resolved
· Continuously document and maintain standard operating procedures and system runbooks/buildbooks
· Identify and troubleshoot user specific issues and escalate as required
· Perform additional duties as required.
· Responsible for compliance with GMP guidelines and ensuring that all GMPs and SOPs are followed.
· Adhere to the policies and guidelines set out in the Employee Handbook.
· Work harmoniously with all fellow employees.
· Follow Environmental, Health and Safety rules/regulations and report any workplace injuries or accidents immediately.
The successful candidate must:
· Be a team player - cooperate and collaborate with the members of the IT and administrative support team
· Have “Get it Done” attitude
· Have strong interpersonal and effective communication skills
· Post-secondary education in a related field
· 2-5 years of relevant experience
- This position will be working in an office environment within a laboratory facility, sitting at a desk working on a computer. Light-intermediate lifting requirements of no more than 30 lbs. Hazardous materials are handled using established safety procedures and appropriate PPE.
- Extra hours may be required, as well as working periodic weekends and/or evenings.