- Shepparton VIC 3630, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group that provides a unique range of analytical testing, field and research services to clients across multiple industries. Founded in 1987 with 10 employees, we are now growing strong with over 45,000 people and are present in 44 countries. We are one of the fastest growing listed European companies. Since the IPO on the French stock exchange in 1997, Eurofins' sales have increased by 37% each year (in compound average) to over EUR 2.97 billion in 2017. Thanks to its decentralized structure and very strong growth, Eurofins provides unparalleled career opportunities for leaders who want to join in a fast paced environment and grow their responsibilities quickly, in Australia, New Zealand or overseas.
Eurofins Agroscience Australia/New Zealand is a leading provider of product development and analytical services, regulatory consulting and technical support to the crop protection industry, seed businesses and veterinary pharmaceutical companies. Our technical activities involve conducting field and laboratory studies to determine the safety and efficacy of new agrochemicals, veterinary medicines/pharmaceuticals and crop varieties. We offer outstanding technical knowledge and project management skills, and are experts in managing field studies, including GLP residue studies, analytical method development and physico-chemical property testing.
If you have practical experience in broadacre and horticultural plant production and possess a keen interest in research and development, we encourage you to apply.
Working with our dedicated research team focusing on plant breeding you will gain experience in plant breeding evaluation trials, research studies for new agrochemicals, operation of planting, spraying and harvesting equipment as well as management and co-ordination of research plot trials.
Our ideal applicants will have a positive attitude towards work, enjoy learning and working outdoors, have a strong work ethic and enjoy people. We are looking for candidates who have a genuine interest in plant physiology, crop protection (insect, disease and weed identification and control), and the operation and maintenance of agricultural machinery.
The key attributes required for this position are:
• Experience with agricultural chemicals and their application
• Some knowledge of common weeds, diseases, and insects
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with a range of agricultural equipment
• Knowledge of Southern NSW and Victorian growing regions, crop cycles, production inputs and maintenance an advantage
• Possess a current driver's license (HR license an advantage)
Through your training and development with us your primary duties will be:
• Seeding and harvest operations
• Calibration of boom sprayers and seeding equipment
• Crop health diagnostic skills
• Evaluation and recording of trial results
• Servicing and repairing equipment
All candidate CV's and cover letter's will be reviewed, however please note that we are not always able to respond to every expression of interest submitted.