Lab Operations Support Technician, Sample Milling - Temporary FT
- Columbia, MO, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
With over 25 years of experience in the crop protection industry, Eurofins Agroscience Services offers outstanding technical knowledge and project management skills. By acquiring a carefully selected range of CRO's, Eurofins Agroscience Services has created a unique portfolio of expertise that provides analytical, regulatory, and field support to plant breeders, agrochemical, biopesticide, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for an Operations Support Technician to work full time, temporarily in Columbia, MO.
Operations Support Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Uses appropriate software applications to track receipt, storage, use, expiration, disposal, return, and/or archiving of test materials.
- Receives, creates IDs, logs-in, and stores materials upon receipt.
- Moves or transfers materials from one department to another. Checks materials in and out as requested by study personnel. Maintains proper paperwork.
- Returns, disposes of, or archives materials at study finalization.
- Notifies supervisor of any issues with condition of the samples, labeling, or other problems.
- Ensures all current SOPs, Good Laboratory Practices, Current Good Manufacturing Processes (CGMP), and/or relevant regulations (USDA, DOT, EPA, MDNR, OSHA, FDA, etc.) for quarantined matrices; genetically altered crops, and all materials/samples are followed.
- Maintains accurate and legible required documentation.
- Performs routine tasks for calibration of balances.
- Assists in unloading trucks and storing materials appropriately.
- Depending on area of assignment, performs routine homogenization on radioactive and non-radioactive matrices using various equipment including but not limited to the hammermill, Robot Coupes, miter saw, Straub Grinding Mill, etc.
- Depending on area of assignment, may perform total radioactive residue analyses.
- Depending on area of assignment, may perform regular culturing tasks such as feeding organisms, recording keeping, and cleaning.
- Depending on area of assignment, may maintain, monitor, and otherwise assist with dilution equipment and preparation.
- Depending on area of assignment, handles regulated materials (quarantined matrices, DEA-controlled, and radiolabeled materials, etc.), potential biohazard materials, and toxic chemicals according to company procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- College lab classes or familiarity with lab environment preferred.
- Depending on area of assignment, previous farm/gardening background/experience preferred.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is temporary with full-time hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with overtime as needed. This would be a 3 to 6 months assignment. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Columbia, MO are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.