IT Field Support Team Leader
- Brussels, Belgium
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The IT Teamlead Field support for is responsible for the day to day operations of our Service Desk team in our Headquarters in Brussels to ensure that IT Systems Users are provided with high quality and customer-friendly support on a 24x7 basis (shifts and standby services) while meeting SLA's. In addition, the position holder is responsible for ensuring that the IT Service Desk Team are staffed appropriately and acts as an escalation point by taking ownership of escalations and get them resolved.
The position holder is responsible for developing, communicating and implementing improvements, strategies and visions, based on the direction provided by upper management and report progress towards achieving those. Any deviations of the service provided to the customer that has a significant impact on the business, need to be reported to upper management. The position holder displays strong customer service and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The position holder takes care of staff planning, directing and reporting as well as other administrative tasks. Project planning and new transitions are an integral part of the responsibility of this function.
- Manage the overall activities IT Service Desk Team for our HQ.
- Responsible for assuring that IT Systems Users are provided with an efficient and customer friendly service on a 24x7 basis.
- Act as an escalation point for the Service Desk Team at all times.
- Take overall responsibility for problem/incident/request management of the Service Desk Team.
- Monitor and report on problem/incident/request management and follow-up with assigned employee to ensure timely handling and closure of same.
- Manage staff workload.
- Perform staff scheduling to ensure the IT Service Desk and Operations Team coverage during normal business hours and on-call support as required.
- Report to Upper management on any issues that could significantly affect the business.
- Accountable for meeting operational Service Level Agreements established by the upper management.
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the organisation and upper management.
- Develop planning for constant improvement programs for staff be it inside or outside the company.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently to individuals or groups throughout the organisation.
- Deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions maintaining effective working relationships.
- Standardizing support workflow, project workflow and client communication.
- Ensure that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the IT Service Desk are continually carried out.
- Pro-actively analyzing problem trends and ensures that changes are planned for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found.
- Operate in a cost-effective manner to avoid waste of resources without jeopardizing the quality of service.
- Communicate clearly and to the point.
- Initiate the development and implementation of quality improvements in the area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the up-to-date and correct administration of asset management and inventory.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are enforced and executed within span of control.
- Strive for second to none quality and performance for self and team.
- A relevant educational background in IT and IT people management.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar team-lead role.
- Excellent communication skills and excellent in English, verbally and in writing, French is a plus.
- Pro-active, service-oriented mindset and a strong focus on the quality of work.
- Reporting skills to report to senior management.
- Flexible and willing to work outside of core business hours when required.
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities.
- Getting things done mentality.
- Adhere to corporate rules and standards while still thinking and acting as an entrepreneur.
- Valid driver’s license required.
In a fast-growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.
As the role and Eurofins IT Talent Acquisition team are international, please ensure to send your application in English.