ServiceNow Practice Lead
- Brussels, Belgium
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, more than 650 laboratories across 45 countries and more than 45.000 staff.
We are looking for an outstanding ITSM Platform Owner and Tool Practice Lead with solid experience in operating and supporting a large-scale ServiceNow platform, including managing multiple successful ServiceNow release upgrades. The ideal candidate has also already proven her/his leadership skills by managing a high-performance group of IT professionals in a matrix organisation.
The successful candidate will have deep IT skills, top-tier education, a proven professional experience in similar roles and a strong desire to deliver highest-quality results in a demanding setting at the core of our business.
In return, people hired into these roles will get to influence the functional, solution and technical standards of the ServiceNow platform supporting Eurofins, the person will get to operate, support and improve the strategic ITSM/ITOM/ITBM platform for Eurofins and she/he will get to work on a high-impact transformational project with extensive exposure to top-leadership.
ROLE & OBJECTIVES:
- Provide operational leadership for the ServiceNow Platform which is designed to manage and control the segregated Eurofins IT landscape;
- Operate and maintain a clear upgrade regime of the high performance ServiceNow platform to ensure uninterrupted availability and supports the long-term development strategy of Eurofins.
- Lead and manage the creation operational standards, templates and training materials for the new ITSM/ITOM platform.
- Actively support the change of the Eurofins ITSM organisation into a governance organisation owning the global standard ITSM processes, the global CMDB template, the global Discovery Pattern, etc.
- Works with SME’s to identify prioritization of projects and open issues as it relates to the ServiceNow Platform.
- Responsible for working with the Demand Managers and the Solution Architect to convert business requirements into process workflows and other platform enhancements.
- Owns and manages platform backlog, priority of work and delivery workflow.
- Support Eurofins diversity by supporting a segregated business structure while maintaining data consistency and IT governance across the organisation.
- Develop executive dashboards and management reporting to support optimisation of the Eurofins IT organisation
- Conduct regular performance reviews to maintain platform health and to identify areas for improvement
- Preparation and presentation of decision-making material for the top-management and the board.
- Collaborates with business and technology stakeholders, clearly understands their needs and communicates the team’s roadmap.
- Facilitates stakeholder governance meetings to ensure platform direction benefits the Eurofins Organisation.
- Manages risks to delivery as they occur, ensuring clear communication with stakeholders.
- Serves as point of contact for ServiceNow strategy with current and prospective customers.
- Develops and maintains process for driving development efficiency within the ServiceNow team for internal customers.
- Coordinate the analysis of the transversal business requirements and their impacts on the ITSM platform
- Collaborate closely with other high-impact transformational projects and align the ITSM platform functionality with the other project’s needs;
- Ensure the Eurofins ServiceNow platform is compliant with regulatory requirements and data security best practices
This position will allow a highly talented individual together additional line management experience – within the many business lines of Eurofins globally or in the management hierarchy of our corporate IT function.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Extensive, demonstrable experience in rolling out, operating and enhancing a complex ServiceNow Platform.
- Very good track record of managing and monitoring of roll out projects or programs across a decentralised organisation. In the steering of complex projects, the successful candidate has a confident manner, while being inclusive and has a high sense of responsibility;
- 5-10 years of experience in delivering ServiceNow platform projects
- Proven design/development experience using large/complex applications with a variety of technologies
- Proven experience in architecture levels of design – 5 years of experience as Senior Admin or Solution Architect for a major ITSM program, ideally a SaaS solution
- Strong knowledge of CMDB Architecture and ITSM/ITOM principles.
- Strong experience in operating and maintaining of cloud-based applications
- Proven analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will be able to describe multiple situations where these skills have been leveraged;
- Strong customer focused, team oriented communication skills with emphasis on building lasting, trusted partnerships through written and verbal communications with clients of IT in the business;
- Ability to have fun while working hard in a demanding fluid environment;
- You are an interesting person and fascinated by the game-changing evolution of our industry;
- You like to take on responsibility and enjoy working with senior management;
- Personally you convince through analytical and conceptual thinking skills and a goal-oriented and pragmatic approach;
- Nice to have: PhD in Computer Science, Technical Sciences or in a similar field;
- You are fluent in English. Additional language skills in French, Dutch or German are a plus, but not a must.
- International profile, open to travel within his/her region (+/-30% in Europe)