- Sanford, NC, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Execution of lab or pilot-scale purifications using Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF), Normal Flow Filtration (NFF), and/or column chromatography, as needed
- Process development and characterization, scale-up and tech transfer to commercial manufacturing
- Process simulation and modeling, process troubleshooting, qualification of alternate raw materials and components, new technology development, etc..
- Preparation of equipment, solutions, consumable materials, etc. as needed to support experiment execution
- Utilize technical knowledge to identify, troubleshoot, and assist with resolution of process problems
- Documenting experiment execution using an electronic lab notebook, batch record, and/or protocols
- Organizing technical data and provide oral presentations or technical reports to communicate results, as required
- Prioritize and organize work to meet project deadlines and support team goals.
- Work on second shift may be required periodically
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- Experience with operating and monitoring of Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF), Normal Flow Filtration (NFF), and chromatography systems/processes at lab-scale and/or pilot-scale
- Experience with AKTA systems and Unicorn software
- Experience with purification of recombinant proteins and/or polysaccharides from microbial fermentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong computer
- Incumbent must be organized, self-motivated, and capable of working independently or in a collaborative environment
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Sanford, NC are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.