COVID External Contract Laboratory Specialist
- Leiden, Netherlands
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
PSS Insourcing Solutions (PSS) is an award-winning solution for pharmaceutical companies. At the request of pharmaceutical customers, PSS provides dedicated, qualified and trained Eurofins personnel who work at a customer’s location using customer facilities, equipment, computer systems, SOPs and methods. Our employees work on a predefined project or activities at the customer’s location. PSS employs around 1.700 employees worldwide. In the Netherlands you get about 100 enthusiastic colleagues, spread over five customer locations. We offer you a career with a world leader in the field op lab expertise. At PSS, collegiality, collaboration, customer focus and delivering high-quality work are paramount.
We are searching for a suitable candidate to manage release and stability testing for our COVID vaccine. In your role you will be accountable for one of the main laboratories which will test our COVID vaccine. You will combine your experience in quality control testing with your talent for keeping clear overviews. You need coordination skills to maintain the current processes and you should work together with other parties like External Manufacturing and Procurement to ensure all required assets are in place to enable efficient outsourcing and testing of our COVID vaccine. You will work closely together with the External Quality group, the Analytical development department as well as with the QA department of different manufacturing sites. You will be responsible to ensure timely testing of the products..
Your Main Tasks and Responsibilities will be:
- Keep clear overviews of different business processes.
- Set up and maintain planning and reporting tools
- Ensure financial flows are managed
- Ensure a standard process with standard governance structures and Roles and responsibilities is set up and maintained with the external laboratory
- Independently solve issues as well as solving issues with key stakeholders like Subject matter experts from Analytical development or manufacturing.
- Manage all systems to be utilized to ensure test results are accessible in time for release and stability
- Ensure timely and proper reporting to partners and stakeholders.
- Bachelor degree as a minimum
- Experience in a pharmaceutical environment and good knowledge of GMP
- Analytical knowledge
- Experience with laboratory management systems
- Experience with project management and governance structures
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Flexible and accurate
- Good organizational capabilities
- Professional proficiency in English
- Knowledge about Outsourcing process within a pharmaceutical company is advantageous
PSS and Eurofins: A world of possibilities
Working at PSS means working with highly motivated people with a can-do mentality. Our people work in an international environment, within an enthusiastic team and for an organization where there is sufficient room to develop further. Working together is extremely important to us and having fun in what you do is part of that! Our monthly team lunches, team activities and the hand out of awards to our colleagues are an example of this. We also offer:
- A responsible and challenging position within the team;
- Plenty of room for your own ideas and input;
- Specialist training and a range of opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Flexible working hours;
- Good salary and benefits.
Working at PSS offers you the flexibility and personal touch of working in a medium sized and dynamic company, whilst also allowing you to benefit from having Eurofins as a parent company. Our ambitious growth plans provide ample opportunities for the motivated employees:
- Plenty of opportunities for growth;
- Varied work where you are in regular contact with other companies and scientists within the Eurofins group;
- A broad customer portfolio ensuring a lot of diversity in your work.
Would you like to know more?
For questions regarding the position, please contact our PSS Manager, Gert-Jan Huisink at
06 15 29 27 01.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.