- Dandenong South VIC 3175, Australia
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins Environment Testing Australia New Zealand is an Environmental testing network of fully accredited laboratories. With a staff of over 200 our laboratories are located in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Auckland and Christchurch, with Client Service Offices located in Adelaide, Darwin, Newcastle and Wollongong. We also operate field sampling services out of Melbourne and Sydney. We specialise in all areas of Environmental analysis, including Contaminated Soil, Sludge, Sediments, Leachate, Soil Vapour, Trade Waste Effluents, Sewage Effluents, Stack Emissions, Work Place Air, Ambient Air, Dust, Drinking Water, Surface Water run off, River & Stream Monitoring, Seawater, and Groundwater.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for a seasoned Microbiologist to join our small and growing team.
Reporting through to the General Manager, Water Testing, the role of Senior Microbiologist is responsible for performing analysis and reading and interpreting results.
Other primary duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving and logging in samples using LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System)
- Keeping the laboratory fit for purpose – temperature charts, cleaning, refilling solutions, restocking of consumables.
- Performing all assigned analysis, inclusive of calculations and ensuring they are completing within holding times.
- Preparing analytical reports
- Ensuring client turnaround times are met
- Adhering to internal quality assurance/quality control standards
- Identifying and resolving any inconsistencies or problems
- Providing training and support to Laboratory Technicians if necessary
To be successful for this role, you will possess the following:
- Minimum 5+ years experience working as a Microbiologist
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously or in a team
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- High level attention to detail
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable and global company based in our modern and new laboratory facility in Dandenong South.
- Bachelor degree in Science - majoring in Microbiology and/or Applied Science.
- If no formal qualifications, candidates with extensive experience working as a Microbiologist will also be considered.
This position is only open to candidates that currently have working rights in Australia.
How to apply:
We will be reviewing applications as they are received, so if you believe you are ready for this exciting, challenging and rewarding position please apply as soon as possible by submitting your resume that outlines your interest and suitability for the position.
Please note: Due to the volume of expected applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.