Product Marketing Manager – Strategic Products
- Lee's Summit, MO, USA
With over 30 years of specialized expertise in infectious disease, immunology and allergy testing for immunocompromised and critical patients, Viracor Eurofins is committed to helping medical professionals, transplant teams and reference labs get results faster, when it matters most. Viracor is passionate about delivering value to our clients by providing timely, actionable information — never losing sight of the connection between the testing we perform and the patients you serve.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Product Marketing Manager – Strategic Products is responsible for building and driving strategic partnerships that accelerate growth for key product and service offerings within the clinical diagnostic business unit, and defining and implementing the short and long-term portfolio strategy and roadmap of assigned tests to deliver to the Viracor-Eurofins value proposition. This role will be measured on 1) strategic planning, 2) tactical execution, and 3) revenue growth.
The Product Marketing Manager – Strategic Products will play a key role in leading growth opportunities for Viracor-Eurofins and will provide strategic and analytical support to execute and integrate both internal and non-organic business growth opportunities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Developing go-to market strategies and working with Eurofins partner laboratories to develop clear strategies on how business can be jointly developed
- Drive business development by forming key partnerships Ex-US to drive strategic product growth, primarily focused on Viracor’s ImmuKnow franchise but not limited in growth of our strategic products
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company in implementation of business and product strategy, translate these strategies into a partner plan, and identify partnerships that can accelerate business growth
- Work closely with R&D to identify opportunities to improve, grow, and expand product features and utility
- Support the evaluation of the attractiveness of new customer opportunities, markets, and product offerings
- Analyze trends and develop short and long-term strategic marketing plans for strategic assays
- Gather and assess market and competitive intelligence, global trends, and next-generation assays
- Lead and support voice of customer research specific to, but not limited to, assigned portfolio to identify key customer needs
- Identify and define product/assay strategy and roadmaps and key future needs for all tests assigned
- Guide and drive the development of portfolio expansion or new assays from the initial phase to test launch through the full life cycle management process
- Define the key R&D projects to drive growth and market position in assigned products
- Partner with clinical marketing and other cross functional team members in upstream identification of exploitable opportunities, solution definition, and solution development and go-to market planning to ensure unmet areas of customer needs are met and differentiated solutions are developed
- Partner with Marketing Communications to define and develop marketing assets, programs, and campaigns to create awareness of assigned test capabilities and to drive demand generation, opportunity acceleration, clinical demand, and brand value
- Partner with technical product specialists to identify and define plans to create or acquire necessary proof points of test value and/or differentiation (i.e. case studies, pre/post-studies, financial models, etc.)
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA highly preferred
- 6+ years total experience
- 6+ years product management experience
- 6+ years in medical device and/or laboratory/diagnostic industry preferred
- Strong strategic, analytical, and technical skills
- Strong upstream and downstream experience and skills
- Strong knowledge of immunology and allergy clinical experience
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as necessary
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to multi-task, work on multiple projects with good organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
Essential Behaviors, Accountabilities and Measures:
- Collaborates with and/or leads cross-functional teams while demonstrating agility when changes are necessary to accomplish goals
- Communicates effectively to translate highly clinical and technical product information into clear and concise messages
- Identifies insights and opportunities, proposes solutions to challenges, and thinks critically
- Advocates for the patient and voice of customer to ensure product strategies, plans, programs and tactics support the brand’s vision and value proposition
- Represents the department and organization favorably and in accordance with established Company standards
What we offer:
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time as necessary in the laboratory (4 or more hours)
- Ability to lift and move items weighing up to 15 pounds
- Physical dexterity sufficient to move body frequently around laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work environment may consist of exposure to infectious disease, bio hazardous and hazardous materials, and regulated medical waste.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
With over 30 years of specialized expertise in infectious disease, immunology and allergy testing for immunocompromised and critical patients, Viracor Eurofins is committed to helping medical professionals, transplant teams, reference labs and biopharmaceutical companies get results faster, when it matters most. Viracor is passionate about delivering value to our clients by providing timely, actionable information — never losing sight of the connection between the testing we perform and the patients we serve.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.