Clinical Laboratory Scientist I, II, III Lab Launch Multi Shift
- Lee's Summit, MO, USA
With over 30 years of specialized expertise in infectious disease, immunology and allergy testing for immunocompromised and critical patients, Viracor Eurofins is committed to helping medical professionals, transplant teams and reference labs get results faster, when it matters most. Viracor is passionate about delivering value to our clients by providing timely, actionable information — never losing sight of the connection between the testing we perform and the patients you serve.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) performs laboratory testing, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration of equipment, quality control procedures and is responsible for the validity of test results.
There are 18 position available over three shift see below. Full-time positions long term temp for new covid lab launch. Overtime as required.
- Shift 1 7:30am-4:00pm Tuesday-Saturday (5 spots)
- Shift 2 3:30pm-12:00am Tuesday-Saturday (5 spots)
- Shift 3 11:30pm-8:00am Tuesday-Saturday (5 spots)
- Weekend Shift 1 Sunday and Monday 7:30am-8:00pm (5 Spots)
- Weekend Shift 2 Sunday and Monday 7:30pm-8:00am (5 Spots)
Essential Job Duties:
Level I - Minimum
- Perform laboratory assays in accordance with Viracor Eurofins standard operating procedures
- Operate, calibrate and maintain all laboratory equipment and instruments according to standard operating procedures to ensure quality results
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies, reagents and materials
- Accept or reject test results in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Document remedial action, troubleshooting, quality assurance activities and instrument maintenance
- Adhere to established processing timelines
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards
- Other duties as assigned by management
Level II – Fully meets the responsibilities of Level I plus the following:
- General knowledge of Standard Operating Procedure writing, assay theory, and instrumentation
- Orient, mentor and teach clinical laboratory methods, procedures and techniques to new Associates
- Demonstrate effective teamwork skills by knowledge sharing
- Take on formally-assigned additional duties, such as training, as a part of routine job performance
- Participate on special project teams as requested by supervisory staff
Level III – Fully meets the responsibilities of Level II plus the following:
- Obtain advanced knowledge of Viracor Eurofins standard operating procedures, assays, and instrumentation
- Participate in troubleshooting activities in conjunction with Technical Supervisor
- Volunteer to serve on various committees and panels to the benefit of the laboratory or company in general (e.g. Safety Committee)
- Performs train the trainer and Qualified Personnel responsibilities as assigned
Senior CLS – Fully meets the responsibilities of Level III plus the following:
- Leads or executes complex special projects outside of a standard CLS scope. For example, lead an audit prep team or process
- Utilize extensive company and technical knowledge to participate in audits and defend company practices as needed
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Level I – Minimum
- BS or BA in biological, physical, chemical or clinical laboratory science
- 1 year of clinical laboratory experience
- Willing to work with potentially infectious human blood and body fluids
- Ability to work with automated and manual platforms
- Must possess skills required for aseptic techniques
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and honesty in performing tests, documenting test results and maintaining patient, client, employee and laboratory business confidentiality
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Analytical judgment, problem solving skills, accuracy and strong detail oriented
Level II – Fully meets the qualifications of Level I plus the following:
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical laboratory experience at CLS I level work
- Possess the required skills to perform the additional level requirements above
Level III – Fully meets the qualifications of Level II plus the following:
- Minimum of 6 years of clinical laboratory experience, inclusive of Viracor tenure as a Laboratory Technician
- Completed train-the-trainer program and possess the skillset to be a trainer and Qualified Personnel
- Possess advanced knowledge and troubleshooting capability
- Has demonstrated achievement in advancing laboratory improvements, including participation in committees, panels, process improvement teams, or other related activities
Senior CLS – Fully meets the qualifications of Level III plus the following:
- Minimum of 9 years of clinical laboratory experience, inclusive of Viracor tenure as a Laboratory Technician
- Possess in-depth technical knowledge
- Regulatory knowledge and capability, as demonstrated by successful completion of CAP auditor course or similar regulatory training, so as to help the company prepare for inspections or audits
- Advanced communication skills, as demonstrated by successful completion of CE coursework in presentations or public speaking
What we offer:
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time as necessary in the laboratory (4 or more hours)
- Ability to lift and move items weighing up to 15 pounds
- Physical dexterity sufficient to move body frequently around laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work environment may consist of exposure to infectious disease, bio hazardous and hazardous materials, and regulated medical waste.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
With over 30 years of specialized expertise in infectious disease, immunology and allergy testing for immunocompromised and critical patients, Viracor Eurofins is committed to helping medical professionals, transplant teams, reference labs and biopharmaceutical companies get results faster, when it matters most. Viracor is passionate about delivering value to our clients by providing timely, actionable information — never losing sight of the connection between the testing we perform and the patients we serve.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.