Senior Scientist, Analytical Chemistry
- Easton, MD 21601, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
With over 25 years of experience in the crop protection industry, Eurofins Agroscience Services offers outstanding technical knowledge and project management skills. By acquiring a carefully selected range of CRO's, Eurofins Agroscience Services has created a unique portfolio of expertise that provides analytical, regulatory, and field support to plant breeders, agrochemical, biopesticide, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for a Senior Scientist, Analytical Chemistry to work in Easton, MD.
Senior Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designs, carries out, and performs simple and complex experiments and procedures in accordance with all applicable regulatory (e.g. DEA, EPA, FDA, FIFRA, OECD, etc.) requirements as defined by protocol, method, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Routinely develops procedures and methods for the solution of technical problems.
- Performs progressively more complex procedures and experiments.
- Is able to utilize equipment, facilities, and personnel to produce sound scientific results in a timely fashion for clients.
- Serves as an expert for technical issues for staff and external customers.
- Designs and conducts most procedures independently using laboratory equipment, computer resources, and institutional libraries.
- Is able to perform advanced troubleshooting of instrumentation/equipment
- Prepares standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and tests.
- Conducts studies to determine and deliver results involving the composition, structure, properties, relationships, and all critical parameters of the material contracted for testing.
- Performs complex data evaluations, reviews the work of others, and writes complex technical reports and standard operating procedures,
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of the data and reports sent to clients under assigned responsibility.
- Depending on area of assignment, handles regulated materials (quarantined matrices, DEAcontrolled and radiolabeled materials, etc.), potential biohazard materials, and toxic chemicals according to company procedures.
- Depending on area of assignment, performs ELISA testing for protein expression.
- Likely to work on several projects concurrently and may monitor and direct activities of other staff performing work in area of expertise.
- Conducts training of staff on techniques necessary to perform laboratory assignments.
- May serve as study director, principal investigator, or project leader for GLP studies. May assist in planning the conduct of a study.
- Confers with scientists and colleagues regarding research and be required to prepare technical papers and reports.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Demonstrate skills in method development for agrochemicals in complex matrices
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- IT and computer language skills
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or other directly related field or degree with comparable coursework in the above areas and a minimum of five years of experience in a directly relevant setting.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field and three years of directly relevant experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree and experience.
- A PhD in a relevant field may be substituted for bachelor’s degree and experience.
- Familiarity and/or experience in a laboratory setting is required.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Easton, MD are encouraged to apply..
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.