- Tamworth, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of 4.56 billion euro, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
This is an entry level role designed for those that aren’t currently or haven’t previously worked in the industry, for example, school/college leavers and university graduates.
To be responsible for the completion of the examination work associated with the strategy and instructions of casework submissions as set by the Reporting Scientist. In the most this will be simple casework such as Blood swabs, Cellular recovery and targeted exams. Suitable individuals may be trained in at least one other body fluid search method e.g. Swab Extractions / AP Screening / Saliva Screening / Blood Searching.
To be responsible for the day to day laboratory maintenance and cleaning as well as scheduled servicing requirements. The procurement of consumables and equipment while maintaining stocks of supplies within the laboratory. Production and disposal of chemicals used in the laboratory. Being responsible for the packing of exhibits and their return to customers.
The role will be required to participate in any requirement for shift working and/or weekend rota cover (in office or on call) as business needs dictate, either on the basis of hours which are additional to the standard week or by rostering. Where this is required, appropriate rota payments will be made.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Adhere to all aspects of the customer Operational Protocol and EFS Quality Manual
- Carry out necessary examinations / analysis as per standard operating procedures to required timescales
- Notice when the examination may have to differ from the instructions/strategy set by the Reporting Scientist and agree appropriate action to take the examination forward
- Discuss any potential other examination types that may further assist the customer with the Reporting Scientist
- Ensure all notes are contemporaneous, signed and dated as per standard operating procedures.
- Be responsible for the integrity and continuity of exhibits, including their return while under ownership as per examination instructions
- Communicate with the Reporting Scientist as appropriate throughout the lifetime of the case.
- Demonstrate all aspects of EFS core values – Customer Focus, Competence and Team Spirit, Quality, and Integrity.
- Be in tune with the targets of the team.
- Must display patience, determination, attention to detail and integrity at all times and see task through from start to finish.
- Demonstrate ownership of issues that arise within the day to day running of an examination case load.
- Positively embrace change and promote continuous improvement
- Exhibit high levels of concentration, accuracy and reliability (scientifically and within the quality area).
- Maintains clear communications with all colleagues, clarifying expectations and monitoring satisfaction levels.
- It is vital to be able to explain complex scientific concepts or procedures to non scientists (verbally and non-verbally).
- Able to manage a flexible workload; show good organisational skills and high levels of personal resilience with the ability to work to deadlines under pressure
- Communicate and work co-operatively with others (within the team, with other departments / sites or external associates) focussing on a collective rather than individual goal.
- Demonstrate initiative; adopting a pro-active attitude to continuous improvement within the areas of science, quality and efficiency
Required Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- General forensic awareness
- Embraces change and continuous improvement
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal
- Minimum qualifications of A-Levels/BTEC in science related subject
This is a developmental role and full training will be provided
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Vacancy Reference: EURO324
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance is required for this role. To gain security clearance you must have three years continuous residency in the UK. Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance. All successful applicants will be required to undertake drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment.