VRL - Temporary Laboratory Technician
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
VRL Eurofins has a national reputation for its expertise in providing comprehensive laboratory services to meet the unique testing needs of the transplant community. It is committed to servicing the transplant community with regional high complexity testing labs in numerous states throughout the U.S. Each lab is focused and equipped to perform donor eligibility testing for both STAT and routine testing, utilizing state of the art technology with FDA licensed test kits and reagents. All of our laboratories are staffed with a dedicated and professional team of laboratory technologists and support staff.
Eurofins VRL Inc. is searching for Temporary Laboratory Technicians to work approximately 90 days in Cincinnati, OH.
Laboratory Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing duties related to accessioning, specimen management and data entry, cleaning duties and equipment maintenance
- Under direct and constant supervision of licensed laboratory personnel, may assist in operating automated instrumentation and testing records transcription
- Pre-analytical processes within the life cycle of the laboratory specimen: collection, packaging, shipping, receiving, processing, tracking, and archiving
- Interface with VRL Eurofins clients to resolve specimen issues
- Perform data entry into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Perform cleaning duties, equipment daily and PM maintenance and QC recording
- Assist in reagent preparation and/or aliquoting that do not require quantitative measurement (employing previously calibrated and approved automatic syringes or fix pipettes)
- Assist in automated instrument operation that does not require quantitative measurement of samples or reagents
- Maintain quality records, as required
- Perform filing and archiving of quality and testing records
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards, policies and protocols in the lab, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies
- Work closely and communicate with other lab staff to complete daily activities efficiently and contribute to team effort
- Manage issues and projects; resolve escalates issues, as appropriate
- Demonstrate superior understanding of laboratory operations
- Serve as the primary trainer for new Lab Technicians or re-training of existing Lab Technicians
- Performs duties in compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies
- Supports VRL Euorfins’ business philosophy, leadership values, and ethics
- Other duties as assigned by management
The ideal candidate would possess:.
- Some laboratory experience preferred
- A high level of integrity and honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality of patient, client, employee and laboratory business
- Understanding of Universal Precautions when working with potentially infectious human blood and body fluids
- Ability to read, interpret, and comply with documents such as internal SOPs, operating and maintenance instructions, and company policies
- Client service experience is a plus
- Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures and to make accurate observations and records of tests results
- Skill in the use of medical laboratory equipment
- Analytical thinking and communication skills
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs, with database skills and 1 year data entry experience is preferred
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- High School diploma, or equivalent, is required
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is temporary (<90 days) working full-time, Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., with overtime, as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Cincinnati, OH are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.