Organic Chemist - Process Chemistry
- Groton, CT, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Apply a strong technical/scientific foundation to deliver high quality scientific results in a laboratory environment in a safe and effective manner.
- Have a strong knowledge of organic chemistry with an ability to collaborate across disciplines. Work closely with experienced scientific staff to carry out experiments using a mix of traditional and automated lab reactors. Communicate results at team discussions and through clear, concise written reports.
- An interest in the use of advanced Design of Experiments and modern reaction monitoring techniques is a plus, and previous experience with large scale laboratory reactions is desirable.
- Strong, demonstrated performance in synthetic organic chemistry experimentation. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to maintain an accurate scientific notebook.
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- At least one year experience in organic chemistry
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Groton, CT are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.