Field Research Technician
- Orange NSW 2800, Australia
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins Animal Health Australia (EAH) are currently involved in the development of new sheep lice treatments, which are soon to be evaluated against natural sheep body lice (Bovicola ovis) infestations through a series of lice field trials to be conducted under commercial conditions. We are looking for additional staff to assist with the conduct of these studies from a base in the Central West region of New South Wales. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in livestock health research and to be involved with the development of new and innovative lice treatments.
Based in the Central West of New South Wales, the Field Research Technician supports the research staff to organise and execute activities for production animal field trials. Additional duties relating to management of the research facility, such as routine animal husbandry and basic maintenance activities, may also be included.
Reporting to the Production Animal Research Manager, the role will focus on:
- Assisting with pre-visit study preparations (e.g. preparation of study materials, livestock equipment, research documentation and consumables).
- Handling and management of livestock (e.g. sheep and cattle) at trial sites.
- Assisting with study-specific procedures (e.g. animal examinations, study assessments and observations).
- Assisting with data capture and completion of study documentation (e.g. recording study observation data, data tabulation, data verification and completion of study-specific records).
As an important role within Eurofins Animal Health Australia, the following selection criteria are essential for success:
- Experience with handling and husbandry of livestock (sheep and cattle).
- Experience in livestock research/industry, biological sciences or veterinary practice.
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. a Bachelor’s Degree in Animal, Agricultural or Life Sciences) are preferred, but not essential.
- Must be located within the Central West of NSW (e.g. Bathurst or Orange).
- A current NSW driver’s licence (or equivalent) is required.
The following skills are considered necessary to excel in this position:
- Competence to operate in a variety of rural research environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- This is a casual position; work hours and location will vary based upon field trial activities.
- This position is only open to candidates that currently have working rights in Australia/New Zealand.
- Please note: Current Eurofins employees should first speak with their Business Unit Manager before submitting an application for this position.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received, so if you believe you are ready for this exciting, challenging and rewarding position please apply as soon as possible by submitting your resume and a cover letter that outlines your interest and suitability for the position.