- Denver, CO, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 4.56 billion Euros, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins Test America is searching for a Network Engineer in Denver, CO.
The Network Engineer is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the Eurofins TestAmerica WAN (wide-area network). Additionally, maintains network security from the Internet, the “Virtual Private Network” for remote access, and supports all Eurofins Eurofins TestAmerica networking equipment such as routers, firewalls, CSU/DSU’s, and switches.
Network Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Maintains network equipment to ensure that equipment is up-to-date, security is not compromised, and to optimize performance.
· Analysis of internet access and security to keep Eurofins TestAmerica data confidential, and to prevent tampering with internal resources.
· Manages installations of network equipment in remote locations to ensure proper connectivity to network.
· Designs and implements new network services for Eurofins TestAmerica and supervises the rollout of these services.
· Interfaces with telephone company vendors to resolve issues and keep network outages to a minimum.
· Reviews network security logs for abnormal events to ensure no undetected network access has been attained.
· Maintains network documentation and maps to ensure network designs are optimal and accurate.
· Reviews monthly statements for telecommunication services to ensure accuracy.
· Provides application support for other departments as needed.
The ideal candidate would possess:
· Knowledge of CISCO routers, Ethernet, Frame-Relay, and Firewalls
· Knowledge of TCP/IP and various other protocols
· Maintaining and supporting CISCO routers and switches
· Maintain and support firewalls and other related security concepts
· Knowledge of IP addressing
· Knowledge of Protocol analysis
· Ability to multitask
· Maintain productivity in fast-paced environment
· Work with minimal supervision
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Position is full-time, exempt, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with additional hours as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Denver, CO are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 5 years of CISCO experience, Ethernet networks, T1 data circuits, Frame-Relay, Ethernet hubs and switches, firewalls, Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and various other protocols
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.