2nd shift - Sample Registration Technician
- Lancaster, PA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 4.56 billion Euros, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
- Assist sample registration personnel with sample entry and labeling sample containers
- Split and check preservation of aqueous samples received at the lab
- Split and homogenize soil samples received at the lab.
- Maintain ASRS hardware by performing routine and emergency maintenance
- As needed :
- Unpack environmental samples received at the laboratory each afternoon from laboratory couriers
- Document sample conditions and record the temperature of the samples at receipt
- Arrange the sample containers on carts to be transported to the sample login area
- Clean and disinfect sample shipping coolers for reuse by our bottles department
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- High school diploma and science classes
- Ability to lift a 60-pound cooler; work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time Tues-Sat 3:30 p.m.- 12:00 a.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, Pennsylvania are encouraged to apply.
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.