Laboratory Technician Analyst - RGA
- Fort Collins, CO, USA
Eurofins EAG Materials Science is a global scientific services company providing testing, analytical and characterization services to technology and life science related industries. The Fort Collins division is a leader in internal gas composition analysis (RGA) for ensuring reliability of critical components in military, medical, and aerospace technology.
While a general understanding of laboratory practices is required, the candidate would be supervised by the senior technical staff to learn about Quality Management Systems, SOPs, and ISO regulations and practices. The candidate would become proficient in the operation and understanding of mass spectrometer high vacuum systems, as well as, the development of quality data, learning to interpret and write high quality test reports.
- Performs laboratory technical tasks.
- Strict attention to detail is required for safety, quality, and delivery of samples in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of laboratory mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Operation of the equipment and the gathering of data.
- Proven mechanical aptitude with basic hand tools skills
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a laboratory or technical field.
- Will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Self-starter but has the ability to work in a team environment.
- Organizational skills
- Performs other routine and non-routine duties as assigned.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- College degree in materials science, chemistry or similar field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Previous science classes that include a lab or work experience or mechanical/technical experience.
- Able to repair or troubleshoot instrumentation
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must pass the background check and drug screen
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.