VRL - Temporary 2nd Shift Infectious Disease Laboratory Assistant
- Centennial, CO, USA
VRL Eurofins is the Pre-Transplant Testing division of Eurofins, committed to servicing the transplant community with regional high complexity testing laboratories. Headquartered near Denver, Colorado, with satellite laboratories in or near Los Angeles, Dallas, Boston, Atlanta, and Minneapolis, VRL Eurofins is continuing to expand throughout the United States and is seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented Temporary Infectious Disease Laboratory Assistant to work 2nd Shift in Centennial, CO.
Laboratory Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Pre-analytical processes within the life cycle of the laboratory specimen: collection, packaging, shipping, receiving, processing, tracking, and archiving
- Interface with VRL Eurofins clients to resolve specimen issues
- Performs duties in compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies
- Supports VRL Euorfins’ business philosophy, leadership values, and ethics
- Recommends changes in services, processes, and policies that enhance pre-analytical efficiencies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Meets basic expectations of VRL’s quality management system, including, but not limited to good workmanship, adherence to standard operational procedures, training, good documentation practices, accurate recordkeeping so the company may meet its stated quality policy and objectives
- Other duties as assigned by management
The ideal candidate would possess:.
- Some laboratory experience preferred
- Effective time management, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal assistance
- Ability to partner effectively with management and laboratory teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills, inter-personal, and negotiation skills
- Intermediate Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other systems
- Ability to work in a controlled environment and within Quality Systems under regulatory requirements
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Specimen management experience, preferred (but not required)
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is temporary (< 90 days) working Thursday - Sunday from 4:00 p.m. - 2:30 a.m. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Centennial, CO are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.