Laboratory Supervisor - Weekend Shift
- Framingham, MA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Ensuring compliance with all accrediting agency requirements
- Monitoring testing to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained
- Aligning laboratory projects and processes towards meeting company-wide goals
- Analyzing needs for new equipment and assessing efficacy of proposed instrument acquisitions
- Analyzing requests for new tests
- Assuring that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications;
- In the event of non-conformance's, ensuring that results of test examinations are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning
- Ensuring adequacy of training and competency assessment protocols in the labs
- Annually evaluating and documenting the performance of all testing personnel
- Reviewing Proficiency testing performance
- Reviewing and releasing of results as needed
- Serve as a mentor to laboratory staff
- Promote interdepartmental cooperation toward meeting company wide goals
- Partner with laboratory operations director to promote a culture of trust and transparency and drive strategic initiatives
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Working knowledge of Document Control system
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Programs
- Thorough understanding of CLIA, CAP, NYS regulatory requirements
- Previous supervisory experience
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to complete physical aspects of position
- Bachelor degree in Medical Technology or chemical, biological or physical science plus six year’s subsequent clinical laboratory experience
- Minimum of five years subsequent clinical laboratory experience within the relevant specialty, or Master degree in a chemical, physical or biological science with 4 four years subsequent experience in a clinical laboratory
- PhD in a chemical, physical or biological science with 2 years subsequent experience in a clinical laboratory
Position is full-time, 2nd shift: Tuesday-Saturday: 2:30pm – 11pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Framingham, MA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.