Learning and Development Program Specialist
- Milpitas, CA 95035, USA
EAG Laboratories, a Eurofins company has over 40 years’ experience in materials and engineering testing services. EAG is a global leader in scientific services with a portfolio of analytical methods. We offer a consultative multi-disciplinary approach to solving your materials and engineering related product problems. As thought leaders in investigative science, we set the global standard for materials and engineering testing services.
EAG Laboratories is seeking a Learning and Development Program Specialist to work onsite at our Milpitas laboratory located in the San Francisco Bay Area. This L&D professional will be expected to drive and take ownership of the development plans for the company’s programs by working with VP, Human Resources, senior leaders and SMEs (subject matter experts) in creating and supporting a learning environment at EAG. This position will assess developmental needs to drive learning initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable learning solutions for employees at all levels. This position will be responsible for developing strategies and interventions to address identified gaps and growth areas, including multiple formats such as interactive eLearning, videos, instructor-led content and other supporting resources. This function partners on the creation and administration of the Individual Development Plans that may result from company initiatives such as Talent Management/Succession Planning; Stay/Exit Surveys, 360 feedback, Employee Focus Groups, Career Laddering and works with the VP of HR on the administration of these programs. This position collaborates with the Director of Quality and Compliance on the use of EAG’s Learning Management System, and will act as the Subject Matter Expert for HR-driven programs. Only considering local San Francisco - Bay Area candidates only.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design/develop/administer learning plans using a broad range of tactics including e-learning, distance learning, ILT, books/videos, OJT to effectively/affordably meet business needs.
- Develop level-appropriate standardized and individualized learning curricula.
- Make recommendations that are reflective of a 70/20/10 learning approach (experiential/relationship/academic).
- Collaboratively work with HR team members, SME and leaders to share feedback and incorporate it to build comprehensive and audience specific learning.
- Build an e-Learning environment that meets the development needs of our employees.
- Work with the VP of HR to coordinate/administer Talent Management practices including Talent Profiles, Succession Planning, Individual Development Plans, 360 programs, mentor programs and develop effective learning responses/strategies based on insights gained.
- Act as Subject Matter expert for EAGs Learning Management System to manage users, promote new content, and track reporting.
- Develop material for new training programs, review and evaluate existing or proposed programs, and recommend appropriate changes.
- Develop assessments and collect feedback for trainees to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness of training
- Serve as a Learning Consultant to employees and departments interested in developing learning materials, activities and training. Assist in developing the training skills of business trainers through developing their OJT (On the Job Training) skills, through Train-the-Trainer initiatives.
- Inspire commitment to continuous development by communicating vision, engaging people in learning initiatives and encouraging a culture of learning.
- Work with external vendors and other Eurofins businesses to identify learning solutions that are effective and affordable.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design/Adult Education or HR Management or equivalent experience
- 3-4 years of experience defining, developing, delivering, driving/deploying and documenting learning and development programs
- 3-4 years’ experience Organizational Development experience
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Proficient in learning development tools
- Experience working with various LMS and/or LXP Systems
- Proficient in MS Office suite. Skype, Zoom and SharePoint experience a plus
- Knowledge of Instructional Design methodologies and adult learning principles/practices with experience in the delivery of recommendations for training approach
- Experience designing learning experiences that communicate clear high-impact content in instructor-led, webinar and e-Learning mediums
- Experience developing curriculum and content consistent with our premium brand, suitable to the needs of audiences across all departments for employees from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Collaboration skills to partner with Business Leaders to deliver and drive learning engagement
- Analytical skills needed to measure, analyze and evaluate learner data and training effectiveness
- Vendor management experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work extended hours in an office setting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.