- Northampton, UK
Eurofins|BLC is a small but growing business specialising in testing and consulting and operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for nearly 100 years and employing 50 plus people specialising in leather, and products such as footwear, bags and upholstery, we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
Eurofins|BLC is part of the Eurofins Scientific group which is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
The management and general accounting tasks for Eurofins|BLC and LWG Project.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts including balance sheet and ledger reconciliations
- Manage the accounting records for Leather Working Group
- Preparation of the monthly Senior Management Team pack
- Responsible for the sales invoicing and credit control
- The daily recording of transactions and record-keeping
- Production of planning reports including sales and manpower report for a weekly production meeting and ad-hoc management analysis as required
- Work in progress reconciliation
- Assist the Head of Finance on annual budgets, financial audits and payroll
- Support other Finance staff as and when required
- Maintenance of data and set up of Access products
What We Are Looking For:
- The ideal candidate will be degree educated or AAT qualified and have experience within an accounting function, with practical experience of assisting with monthly accounts preparation
- A professionally qualified or part qualified accountant
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving, analytical, technical, IT and numerical abilities.
- Confident individual with the ability to demonstrate solid communication and presentation skills.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others is important.
- A positive attitude with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with colleagues
- Adherence to the highest standards of precision, accuracy and record-keeping
- Initiative and an ability to multi-task and plan work effectively to meet strict deadlines
- Competence in using Microsoft Office software and Accounting Software, Access Dimensions would be advantageous
- A flexible approach to working additional hours when required particularly during month and year-end
30 - 37.5 hours per week, Competitive FTE Salary £27,000 - £29,000, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Group Pension Scheme (match contribution of up to 5 %), Free Parking and Perkbox Discounts