PCR Assay Scientist
- West Point, PA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Assay Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
- The development and performing of assays to support biopharmaceutical testing
- Prepare and pipet small volume solutions
- Maintain records and test results following good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Document work clearly and perform tests accurately
- Perform tasks in a repeatable and efficient manner
- Communicate effectively with team members and client staff
- Order and maintain laboratory space, inventory, and supplies
The ideal candidate would possess:
- At least six months laboratory experience including molecular biology techniques and small volume pipetting
- General knowledge of cell culture, virology, molecular biology and aseptic techniques.
- Experience in cell culture is preferred
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- B.A. or B.S. in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical Eng., or related science
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time Monday through Friday with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Point, PA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.