Senior Software Quality Tester
- Lancaster, PA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Collaborate with Business Analysts and Developers to analyze and understand user stories, use cases, and requirements.
· Develop functional test cases and test scripts that fully validate the user story requirements using formal test cases and execution of tests fully documenting test results.
· Execute all levels of testing to include System, Integration, and Regression.
· Ensure that extensive Test Cases are properly written/updated for new or updated software features and functionality.
· Organize test cases into modules and functions as needed for enterprise-scale applications.
· Extensively test new features delivered by the Development team. Report defects in detail and follow-up on them until delivered features reach the expected level of quality.
· Design and develop automation test plans for the purpose of regression testing reducing the need for manual regression.
· Escalate and follow-up in a timely manner on any issues that might impact the overall project quality.
· Contribute to the troubleshooting, testing, and documentation of selected application functions.
· Embrace Scrum practices and methodology as dictated by SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) procedures.
· Communicate with peers and others to develop best practices for testing and agile methods to improve team deliverables.
· Participate in Agile practices including team member responsibilities as tester and scrum team member including the ability to demonstrate delivered User Stories to Product owners.
· Lead testing efforts for BI reporting.
· Review data and reporting for accuracy, functionality, and consistency.
· Works collaboratively across multiple lines of business.
- Innovate around new ideas and ways to improve testing through automation.
- Incorporate measures within the automation to monitor performance.
- Define NFR (non-functional requirements) around load testing methodologies.
· B.S or equivalent in the field of Computer Science or related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience
· At least five years of experience in software testing
· Experience in Agile software development methodologies
· Extensive experience in Manual, Integration and Regression level testing
· Background in functional testing with the ability to design, script and execute test cases
· Background in automation testing with the ability to design, script and execute test cases
· Strong and proven background in Information Technology
· Working knowledge of testing tools such as Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and Test Studio
· Advanced knowledge of SQL
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and develop testing scripts in concert with the newly developed code to validate completeness.
· Understanding of basic analytics
· Experience with Test Automation
· Experience with Team Foundation Server
· Experience with Visual Studio
· Experience with Git
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
· Ability to effectively estimate work accurately and produce deliverables on time
· Understanding of Excel with data connections and pivot tables
· Experience working with BI visualization tools such as BI Office
· Excellent English communication skills (clear, concise technical writing and effective verbal communication)
· Very good interpersonal relation skills at all levels of the organization
· Ability to work in a complex international environment
· Excellent analytical skills which allow for quickly identifying gaps in requirements and code
· Eager to learn and continuously develop personal and technical capabilities
· Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the quality of our product and the impact on company’s success
· Able to prioritize and manage time efficiently
· Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate careful decision-making skills
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM, with overtime as needed.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.