Volatiles Analyst II
- Burlington, VT, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins Test America is searching for a Volatiles Analyst II in Burlington, VT.
The Volatiles Analyst II prepares and analyzes environmental samples using both standard and complex testing according to scientific and EPA methodology in compliance with TestAmerica’s Quality Assurance programs and SOP’s. Validates and reviews data for accuracy through Level I reviews. Uploads laboratory data into LIMS system to generate data packages for delivery to clients. Must be knowledgeable of a broad range of laboratory testing equipment requiring the exercise of discretion and judgment in its operation.
Volatiles Analyst II responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Performs laboratory procedures requiring knowledge of scientific methods and testing procedures including:
o Batching and prepping samples for analysis taking into account special and varied client and QA requirements
o Making reagents for sample analysis
o Aliquots extracted samples to maximize laboratory productivity
o Preparing appropriate standards to ensure compliant data
o Determining appropriate routine and complex analysis methods for a wide variety of organic and inorganic samples
o Operation, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory instruments
· Uploads data into LIMS system for review.
· Performs Level I review of data produced to ensure accuracy.
· Maintains logbooks.
· Monitors refrigerator temperatures.
· Responsible for performing job functions within TestAmerica EHS and QA standards.
· Maintains housekeeping standards for work area.
· Inventories and stocks laboratory supplies.
· Orders supplies.
· Washes and inventories glassware.
· Writes NCM’s for projects with QA issues.
· Purges analyzed samples.
· Assists in training new analysts on laboratory procedures.
· Assists in other areas of laboratory when needed.
The ideal candidate would possess:
· Strong reading, writing and speaking skills
· Ability to problem solve
· Team participation and meeting management skills
· Time management and organization skills
· Ability to use calculator/mathematical formulas and concepts
· Complete work within time and quality constraints
· Work independently following written or verbal instructions
· Cooperate and coordinate both orally and in writing
· Ability to follow and learn appropriate protocols in one or more of the following disciplines:
o Organic preparation
o Metals preparation and analysis
o Gas Chromatography
o Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
o Radio Chemistry
o Wet Chemistry
o High Resolution preparation and analysis
o Low Resolution preparation and analysis
Position is full-time, Tuesday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Burlington, VT are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
· BS or BA in chemistry or related field; 3 years laboratory experience may substitute for degree.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in routine and complex laboratory procedures and instruments, preferably in a production environment
· Previous production-oriented work is a plus
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.