Research Associate - Molecular Biology
- San Diego, CA, USA
Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Molecular Biology Research Associate to support our Professional Scientific Services group in San Diego, CA.
- Maintain mammalian cell lines, including expanding cultures, harvesting cells, and cryopreservation
- Prepare and validate reagents, maintain and record run information with accuracy, troubleshoot biology and/or process
- Use complex integrated liquid handling platforms to independently perform high-throughput transfections and antibody purifications
- Interact closely with colleagues in antibody discovery, protein engineering and purification groups
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Knowledge of cGMP
- Experience working in a laboratory setting
- Knowledge and experience with setting up high-throughput liquid handling processes
- Ability to work both independently and in a fast paced team-oriented setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication, work planning, data analysis and record keeping skills (with strong attention to detail) will be required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in biochemistry, chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical engineering, or other related science concentration
- 1 - 2 years of industry or academic research experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of San Diego, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options. To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.