Weekend Drive - Associate Software Engineer - 29-Feb'2020
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
About Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd (A CMMI Level 3 Company) is a 100% full owned subsidiary of Eurofins. This young captive centre located in Bangalore was established in 2012 to be the largest IT Solutions group within Eurofins to cater to all the internal IT business needs. The primary focus of IT Solution group will be to develop the next generation LIMS (Lab Information Management system), Customer portals, Ecommerce solutions, ERP/CRM system & B2B platforms for various Eurofins Laboratories and businesses.
EITS India is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
POSITION TITLE: Associate Software Engineer
REPORTING TO: Manager
REPORTING LOCATION: Bangalore
WORKING LOCATION: Bangalore
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
Eurofins is currently accelerating the deployment of standard processes across its Laboratories. One of the elements of this initiative is the software “Eurofins Laboratory Information Management System, First Generation Standard” (eLIMS-FGS). It consists of a selection of existing LIMS modules aggregated into a comprehensive suite of tools and applications that provide standardized support for the analytical services of Eurofins’ laboratories.
The objective of this position is to join the eLIMS-FGS/eLIMS-SWE-F Support and Continual Improvement project team as a Software Programmer.
The technologies currently being deployed for development are VB6 and Visual Studio 2015, TFS2015, MS SQL Server 2008 or later, Crystal reports.
The applied organizational methodology is Scrum.
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
Within the eLIMS-FGS Support & Continual Improvement project team made up of a team leader together with four support agents and developers, the candidate is expected to:
- Contribute as a team member to the ongoing development of the application suite deployed at various globally distributed locations
- Integrate his- or herself into the team workflow and best practices including Agile values and principles (Agile Manifesto)
- Follow team development practices and policies in order to design an application suite that can easily be implemented within Eurofins Group World Wide and supported on a long-term period.
- Create and maintain technical and operational documentation that describes program code, logic, changes, and modifications in the user work-flow.
- Implement change requests in the existing modules and integrate new modules into the suite
- Maintain good programming practices (code-quality, peer-review, definition of done, documentation…)
- Develop working relationships within the FGS programme (Product Owner, Business Analysts, support agents, testing & deployment staff).
- Collaboration with Support Agents
- Support development of complex configuration elements such as Scripts, Reports or SQL procedures.
Technical reference and diagnosis in case of urgent incidents or intractable Bugs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong and proven background in Information Technology
- Strong in any programming language(C, C++, C#, Java..etc)
- Should be good in Database (writing queries - SQL)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Structured work habits and ability to conform to best practices for software development
- Scrum values : Commitment, Focus, Openness, Respect, Courage
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills. Competent in English.
- Ability to work in a complex international environment
- Successful teamwork experience is required
Time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative
BE OR Btech 2018 & 2019 Pass outs from the computer science background.
CSC, IT, ECE,