Quality Control Microbiologist
- Sanford, NC, USA
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients’ site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Execute 1 to 3 worklists on average per day
- Attend Prioritization meetings to support assay transfer, co-validation, qualification and batch production release/stability testing for demonstration, engineering, clinical trial, process validation and/or commercial manufacturing in a GMP environment as needed.
- Responsible for becoming proficient in a breadth of methodologies including but not limited to compendial test methods, raw material test methods, HPLC, electrophoresis, spectrophotometric and residual component determination methods.
- Responsible for working effectively with electronic, as well as paper based systems including LIMS and data acquisition systems including but not limited to Empower.
- Execute test methods, tabulate data and provide data interpretation.
- Troubleshooting in support of investigative testing may be required
- Assist in revision of test methods, LIMS builds and creation of training materials as necessary.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team-oriented setting and possess good communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in Microbiology, Biology, or other related biotechnology field
- Knowledge of cGMP
- Environmental Monitoring Experience
- Knowledge of LIMS
- Experience executing test methods in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong computer
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and capable of working independently or in a collaborative environment
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
This position is a 12 month contract. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.