- Sanford, NC, USA
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients’ site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Support clients Manufacturing Scientist and Technology Fermentation Group supporting microbial organisms growth through fermentation and necessary recovery steps to partially isolate the bacterial products from fermentation broth
- Execution of processes at lab and pilot scales, process development and characterization, scale-up and tech transfer to commercial manufacturing, process simulation and modeling, process troubleshooting, qualification of alternate raw materials and components, new technology development, etc
- Preparation of fermentation medium, buffer solutions, consumable materials, etc. as needed to support experiment execution
- Execution of lab or pilot-scale fermentations using various scale fermentation platforms (250 mL to 150 L), as needed
- Utilizing technical knowledge to identify, troubleshoot, and assist with resolution of process problems
- Documenting experiment execution using an electronic lab notebook, batch record, and/or protocols
- Organizing technical data and provide oral presentations or technical reports to communicate results, as required
- Prioritizing and organizing work to meet project deadlines and support team goals
- Working on second or third shift to support fermentation operations may be required on a frequent basis
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or other science related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience
- Some industrial experience is preferred
- Experience with operating and monitoring of fermentation equipment, centrifugation and performing sterile technique
- Experience with accurate pipetting and performing serial dilutions
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.