Scientist I - Sample and Data Handler
- Berkeley, CA, USA
Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Sample and Data Handler, to support our Professional Scientific Services group in Berkeley, CA.
Sample and Data Handler responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Back up to Sample Handling coordinator; receiving and dispensing testing samples, reagents, standards and controls via LIMS while maintaining GMP Compliance criteria including supporting, coordinating and maintaining samples for testing and long-term storage. Maintain and be accountable for Chain of Custody transactions
- Assist with coordination of activities for accurately shipping samples or materials to approved contract labs
- Coordinate instrument calibration, PMs, and service contracts
- Maintain and ensure instruments and pipettes are in a valid and proper GMP state
- Maintain and adhere to Sample Submission office hours
- Responsible for maintaining the department ordering database, ordering supplies, and creating, maintaining and tracking POs for services and items via SAP and SRM
- Provide support for Open Lab data reporting, data entry, and support tasks for data results management
- Labeling and barcoding reagents/chemicals
- Follow and adhere to specific documentation (e.g. Sampling Tables, Inspection Plans, Incident Report Investigations, Specifications, etc)
- Assist and support the maintenance of an electronic database for clinical and development samples from entry through disposal status, as a business continuity plan
- Initiate timely discrepancies following site rules and documentation for any sample integrity violations or sample suitability issues / notify Lab manager and / or supervisors
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Flexibility and adaptability to support cross functional asks from internal and external customers
- A self-motivated eagerness to learn new technologies in a fast paced, GMP environment
- Ability to learn quickly and a passion for quality science
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a drive for customer service
- Experience managing samples and data in regulated systems
- Experience maintaining laboratory equipment, calibration and maintenance schedules, and chain of custody documentation
- Experience in a regulated, GMP or GLP environment
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a positive attitude and showing initiative
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, life sciences, or other related degree concentration
- At least 1 years related laboratory experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Berkeley, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options. To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.