Business Analyst - Intern
- Brussels, Belgium
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA. Group's key figures are approx. 4.2 billion Euros turnover, more than 800 laboratories across 47 countries and more than 45.000 staff.
The ComLIMS Program (ComLIMS is derived from Communication and Laboratory Information Management System) consisting of two internally developed web applications and a range of additional services (reporting services, data services, Business Intelligence services), allow our internal customers, the Eurofins laboratories worldwide, to (cross-)sell their services offered to Eurofins customers. The ComLIMS Program is at the heart of Eurofins strategy of cross-selling and competence centres. Components of the Program and its data are used by most Eurofins applications making the ComLIMS Program a key Program at Eurofins ensuring among others efficient end-to-end sales and production processes.
Due to the increasing workload following Eurofins growth and sales and production process standardisation activities, we are looking for a Business Analyst Intern in the ComLIMS IT team.
The main objective of this position is to follow up on the complete lifecycle of ComLIMS bug reports and request for changes. This includes analysing new topics submitted by the key stakeholders of the ComLIMS Program, proposing solutions to implement them, following up on their development, testing them, documenting them, etc.
- Collect, identify, analyse and formalize requirements from key stakeholders through workshops, emails, interviews, surveys, ...
- Writing of clear and well-structured specifications (user stories) for bugs and new functionalities/projects including mock-ups, workflows, UML models and service contracts
- Following up your user story/project/feature from your analysis to the development and testing until release
- Provide assistance to the second line support for the application
- Creation of user stories for bug reports / new functionalities
- Active participation and collaboration within the Program's international Scrums Teams for user story creation, refinement, Scrum meetings, etc.
- Assist with the qualification of releases in close cooperation with the Program's release manager and key stakeholders.
- Management of documentation with a high level of quality: online help, release notes, customer forum, functional documentation, etc.
- Presentations and training sessions on new features made available to end users
Engineering degree (bio-engineer, commercial/business engineer, civil engineer, industrial engineer)
Master degree in science (e.g. Chemistry, IT, Biology, Business)
Additional Education Background:
Experience in software implementation methodologies is asset
- Excellent listening and communication skills (oral and written)
- Natural ability to go into details
- Strong focus and commitment
- Shows a strong interest to go further
- Critical/analytical mind set
- Problem-Solving skills
- Clear and concise Documentation and Specification skills
- Relationship Building Skills and facilitation skills
- Self-management including time and priority management skills
- Curious, interested in learning and continuous improvement.
Language skills and level expected:
- English (fluent written and oral communication) required.
- Other European languages especially French are a plus.
- Basic understanding of Scrum is an asset
- Knowledge of Service-Oriented-Architecture is a plus
- Understanding of UML is an asset
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Strong interest in software development