Membership Engagement Executive
- Northampton, UK
Eurofins|BLC is a small but growing business specialising in testing and consulting and operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for nearly 100 years and employing 50 plus people specialising in leather, and products such as footwear, bags and upholstery, we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
Eurofins|BLC is part of the Eurofins Scientific group which is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
This role will involve supporting the existing membership base of 800 and engaging with new members of the Leather Working Group, (LWG). Providing high standards of customer service, to develop and maintain relationships with global members, including luxury brands, supporting environmental improvement in relation to Leather.
- To manage membership administration including new and general enquiries, requests, renewals, website entries and invoices. Responding efficiently and effectively and going the extra mile either by telephone, email or face to face.
- To manage the new member application and welcome process, whilst continually seeking efficiencies in the way we manage the process, ensuring a positive and smooth welcome to the group.
- Ensuring members get the most out of their membership.
- Maintain accurate data on our CRM database including membership, subscription details plus data for mailings, correspondence and voting rights.
- To understand all the benefits and services and to disseminate this to both members and non-members.
- To work with internal departments on membership or group related queries including purchase requisitions and invoicing.
- To assist at events and meetings in the UK and internationally when required.
- Delivering initiatives and assisting with occasional project work whilst supporting the LWG Manager as and when required to deliver good governance of the group
What We Are Looking For:
- Ideally, educated with a degree in a science-related subject with a focus on reducing the environmental impact and sustainability, a qualification or interest in leather would be advantageous.
- Or someone with previous 'membership’ organisation experience with transferable skills in this sector.
- Excellent customer service and administration skills are essential for this position, as well as the ability to manage your own workload and work within a team.
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with members and stakeholders.
- You need to have strong organisational and analytical skills, rigorous attention to detail, the ability to work to deadlines and competing demands and a positive attitude to challenges.
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, database management and email.
- Ability to travel with the opportunity for occasional international travel.
37.5 hours per week, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Group Pension Scheme (match contribution of up to 5 %), Free Parking, PerkBox Discounts.
The Leather Working Group Ltd (LWG) is an international group of leather manufacturers (tanneries), brands and suppliers to the leather industry. The group’s objective is to improve the environmental performance of tannery operations. The day to day business involves issues around leather making and animal welfare.