Molecular Biology Team Leader and/or Technical Specialist
- Auckland, New Zealand
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. With about 45,000 staff in more than 800 sites across 47 countries, Eurofins believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. Thanks to its decentralized structure and very strong growth, Eurofins provides unparalleled career opportunities for leaders and professionals who want to join a fast paced environment and grow their responsibilities quickly, in Australia, New Zealand or overseas.
Eurofins Food and Water Testing New Zealand provides range of class leading food, water, plant, soil and fertilizer testing, as well as horticultural services and technical solutions, primarily to the New Zealand market. With a staff of over 350 we operate laboratories in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin and Tauranga. We specialise in all Food types, Plants, Soils, Fertilizers, Potable Water, Sludge, Sediments, Leachate, Trade Waste Effluents, Sewage Effluents, Surface Water, River & Stream Monitoring, Seawater, and Groundwater.
We are currently a Molecular Biology Team Leader/Technical Specialist to join our Auckland Microbiology Department.
The core functions of the role we have to fill are to assist in the daily operation of our Microbiology department. These functions include technical leadership of molecular biology, development and verification of analytical methods, maintaining personal KTP status for testing, training and mentoring of molecular biology staff, improvement in technical operational processes and systems, troubleshooting and problem solving, and maintaining up to date knowledge of international technical, instrumental and analytical developments.
Key duties may include:-
- Organise day-to-day molecular biology operations
- Perform independent or specialist analytical work
- Perform routine bench work as required
- Ensure external and internal client requirements are met/exceeded
- Ensure efficient utilization of laboratory materials
- Ensure the efficient ordering and utilisation of laboratory materials and equipment
- Comply with quality management system policies and procedures
- Comply with HSE policies and procedures
- Tertiary qualification in science or a scientific discipline
- MSc or PhD in Molecular Biology (or relevant experience)
- Practical knowledge of qPCR/real-time PCR.
- Experience in a microbiology/pathology/medical laboratory.
- Analytical testing experience.
- Supervisory or leadership training/experience.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly motivated
- Proven organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Professional attitude
- Attention to detail while performing routine or repetitive tasks
- Able to take initiative, and work in a fair and responsible way
- Reliable and flexible, with the ability to work to a cover a weekend shift where necessary.
- Good time management skills are a must, in order to keep up with the pace of a busy production environment.
- Act with integrity at all times
- Able to follow and give instructions, either verbally directed or from scientific resources and SOPs.
- Can communicate clearly and effectively across multiple teams
All candidate CV's and cover letter's will be reviewed, however please note that we are not always able to respond to every expression of interest submitted.
This opportunity is only open to candidates who are eligible to work in Australia/New Zealand, and already have work rights or an appropriate working visa.