- Dublin, Ireland
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins has recently set up a new Software Engineering Operation in Dublin, with the plan to grow the team to over 150 people within the next two years.
We are looking to bring great engineers, business analysts and technologists into the business to build and grow an organisation with a start-up spirit, to implement world-class software solutions and the strongest IT foundation possible - made in Ireland - for a business with an enormous global footprint.
As a Solution Architect in Eurofins you will:
- Pilot new technology and deliver specific software components and libraries to help Eurofins move forward on its Service Oriented Architecture journey.
- Coordinate the analysis of business requirements and their impacts on the applications.
- Ensure that business requirements are consistently implemented in all applications.
- Take the lead in the gathering of global requirements for intersecting libraries.
- Work collaboratively with Project Managers and Business Analysts to create high-level functional designs that will guide the development teams.
- Design the functional/solution architectures based on functional and non-functional requirements.
- Define, govern, and implement software development best practices.
- Coordinate with the architects of other programs in order to ensure that the roadmaps are functionally aligned.
- Ensure the alignment with the global functional architecture.
- Define solutions taking into account the Enterprise Architecture strategies. Collaborate with the Enterprise Architects in order to apply the corporate guidelines and to ensure that the libraries are aligned with the future architecture state.
- Coordinate with the Senior Developers for the design of technical solutions.
- Document solution architecture and ensure the design is understood and implemented.
- 10+ years of experience in software development and delivery.
- Solid design/development experience using large/complex applications across a range of technologies, with a particular focus on the Microsoft technology stack (.net Framework/Core, SQl Server, WPF, TFS).
- Strong experience at the architecture level of design - ideally 3+ years of experience as Solution Architect with orientation toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), including message queuing for a major IT program involving multiple development teams and applications.
- Strong experience in domain-driven analysis and design.
- Development of proof of concepts as part of future solution assessments.
- Having worked closely with an Architecture team in carrying out the overall vision for product architecture, including:
- Micro-services and event driven architecture
- Removal of bottlenecks for scalable architecture
- Automated CI/CD practices.
- Advanced knowledge of different architecture/design techniques (i.e., OO, top-down, structured analysis, component-based design).
- Knowledge of UML.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery and associated tools and techniques.
- Experience with Agile software development is required.
- Experience in monitoring tools is an asset (e.g. AppDynamics)
- Enterprise Architecture frameworks knowledge (i.e., TOGAF, Zachman etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in working with distributed or offshore teams is a plus.
Required personal skills:
- Excellent communication with leaders.
- Ability to influence architecture, technology and design decisions for larger scale applications for both present and future state architecture.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Strong collaboration, partnership development, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects / tasks concurrently and drive them to completion.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and identify ambiguity and drive for clarity.
- Ability to work in a complex international environment
- Adaptability – Capable of adapting quickly to a complex distributed organization.
- Initiative and independence - volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of his/her time.
Eurofins operates a Preferred Supplier List for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment. We therefore ask that agencies refrain from making contact with any Eurofins colleagues and that no CVs are submitted directly to colleagues in our company. Any speculative CVs or communications may reflect unfavourably on any potential opportunities for your agency.