IT Field Service Agent
- Dandenong South VIC 3175, Australia
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 sites across 47 countries, employing about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins IT Infrastructure provides IT support for all Eurofins sites through an IT Service Desk and IT Operations teams.
About the Role
The IT Field Service Agent together with his/her colleagues will deliver on-site support to the large laboratory facility in Dandenong South along with remote support to users across Australia and New Zealand. The majority of the requests are related to front-end systems such as desktops, laptops, fixed and mobile phones and applications.
Back-end systems such as servers and networking are managed by Australian and global IT Operations teams, with the Field Service Agent acting as a key on-site contributor to all related projects and tasks in Victoria. This will allow the successful applicant to gain valuable experience outside the traditional scope of Level 1/2 Service Desk functions.
Eurofins is a fast-growing company so the Field Service Agent will be regularly called upon to participate in migration and integration projects that will provide opportunities for travel, experience and career growth.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Ensure adequate IT support is accessible for end user platforms;
- Communicate and apply group policies and processes;
- Improve user's satisfaction by following and proposing improvements to any kind of systems, policies, processes and work instructions;
- Apply information system security rules (rights, password changes, Group security recommendations);
- Adherence and adoption of IT Group Standards;
- Maintain proper inventory of assets (hardware and software licenses);
- Maintain backup and maintenance processes.
- Bachelor or equivalent in Information Technology or equivalent experience;
- Excellent verbal and written English;
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft end-user environment (Windows 7 / 10, MS Office, Outlook, etc.);
- Good knowledge of mobile solution and devices (Android, iPhone, etc.);
- Basic knowledge of networking (switches / patches / IP / Subnets);
- Basic knowledge of VoIP / IP Telephony;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; team player;
- Able to operate independently and successfully manage priorities and responsibilities.
Experience in IT support is valued however we will happily consider graduates with suitable qualifications and a willingness to learn and contribute.
This position is primarily focused on customer satisfaction therefore a service oriented attitude, excellent verbal and written skills and focus on quality of work is required when working under all circumstances.
Candidates must hold permanent valid work rights in Australia.
All candidate CV's and cover letter's will be reviewed, however please note that we are not always able to respond to every expression of interest submitted.
This opportunity is only open to candidates who are eligible to work in Australia/New Zealand, and already have work rights or an appropriate working visa.