Operational Support Manager
- Katikati, New Zealand
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. We believe that we are the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in Agro-Science CRO Services. We are also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA. Today the Eurofins Group is a leading provider of analytical services with:
- an international network of more than 650 laboratories across 45 countries in Europe, North and South America and Asia-Pacific
- over 40,000 staff
- a portfolio of over 150,000 validated analytical methods
- more than 400 million tests performed each year to establish the safety, identity,
- composition, authenticity, origin, traceability, and purity of biological substances and products, as well as carry out human diagnostic services.
Here at Eurofins Bay of Plenty in New Zealand, our teams provide independent high quality horticultural services and technical solutions. We are a horticulture industry partner providing value added support with a 30 year proven track record of servicing testing needs of fruit growers across New Zealand. We are contracted by Zespri International, our main client, to collect and process kiwifruit orchard maturity clearance samples for their export maturity clearance programme. We are committed to supporting the industry’s objectives of ensuring that their products reach the best possible quality levels in all markets in which they operate whilst supporting the wider industry with innovative products and services.
The Group intends to continue to develop and acquire the most comprehensive range of state-of-the-art analytical technologies as well as expand its geographical reach in order to support its clients’ increasingly stringent quality and safety standards and the expanding demands of regulatory authorities.
REPORTING TO: Sub-BUMA Maturity
LOCATION: 137 Tetley Rd, Katikati, New Zealand
Establish, plan and implement strategies for the development and delivery of all Operational (Field, workshop & operational administrative) activities in alignment with company strategy.
- Delivery of all services in a safe and healthy manner to ensure that all staff return home safely every day
- Actively work with the business to improve efficiencies of the field operations under your control and to ensure that best practise methodologies are implemented in this part of the business
- Delivery of all services within specifications and agreed commercial contracts terms
- Leverage off core business competencies to initiate change that would improve services delivered to all clients
- Ensuring that all mechanical, field and administrative related tasks are delivered on time, in budget and to the agreed specification and quality
- Provide regular reporting to ensure alignment with Senior Management and the wider business plan while achieving tasks within budgetary constraints.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Successful track record in delivering well above average results
- Self-motivated, energetic and passionate individual can demonstrate technical and business acumen
- Exceptional interpersonal soft skills and ability to communicate to a diverse audience in a range of settings
Participate in HS reviews to actively deliver and achieve the company’s health and safety policies while complying with all internal and external HSE requirements
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- 0 LTIs
- 98% on time delivery on agreed delivery targets
- Monthly Activity Reports to Management
- Review, propose and implement significant improvements to all business processes
- Graduate qualification in applicable or related disciplines would be preferential
- A technical / Engineering background would be highly regarded
- Highly proficient in business software tools
- Ability to manage a diverse team of people within a seasonal business
- Operates well in both autonomous and team environments
- Understanding of supply chain management – transportation within the “travelling salesman” principles key to success
- Administrative skills to support HR and operational administration of the business
Your very strong numeracy and analytical skills together with your technical knowledge will put you in good stead for this role.