- Northampton, UK
Eurofins Softlines and Leather division is a growing business with a global customer base, providing specialist services across the supply chain that includes many international brands. The Softlines and Leather division has facilities in Europe, US and Asia and offers a dynamic range of footwear and material testing, auditing, inspection, training and consulting services.
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
The Role: To provide leather related consulting services, information and support to Eurofins|BLC customers.
- To deliver technical, environmental and chemical audits to the leather supply chain
- To provide leather processing advice and support to members of the Eurofins|BLC team
- To provide leather technology and processing advice to Eurofins|BLC members and customers
- To give input into research and development activities for Eurofins|BLC
- To deliver training courses if and when needed
- To promote associated and complementary products and services such as fault diagnosis, product and material inspections, factory audits, laboratory certification, technical consulting, advice and training
- Regular international travel will be a key requirement of this role
What We Are Looking For:
- A science degree qualified and industry experienced leather technologist with excellent verbal and written skills
- At least 10 years’ experience in the leather manufacturing industry
- Experience of auditing and third-party auditor qualifications desirable
- Proven networking, presentation and relationship building experience
Working 37.5 hours per week, Competitive Salary, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Group Pension Scheme (match contribution of up to 5 %)