Back Office Admin Assistant
- Heredia Province, Heredia, Costa Rica
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover, from 800 laboratories across 47 countries and employs about 45.000 staff.
Eurofins Costa Rica possesses an experienced team, a new service model, a philosophy that will provide you with high quality, trustworthy as well as efficient IT infrastructure services for our internal customers worldwide and including but not limited to: Design, Administration and Operations of Datacenter Networking, Database, Automation, Virtualization, storage, etc.
Eurofins is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
The administrative assistant is a key member of the Eurofins family, in Costa Rica, the person will:
· Organize and demonstrate time effectively for individuals supported, including planning, organizing, and executing major projects.
· Act as front desk (receptionist), as well as schedule calls and meetings that will entail the coordination of schedules with senior leadership participants. You will also schedule, maintain and handle all calendar items.
· Be responsible for coordinating travel logistics for individuals supported. You will plan external and internal meetings, conference calls, events and meals.
· Be in charge of maintaining asset control, and vendor management.
· Collaborate with department members in crafting a smooth workflow, which may entail soliciting assistance from others and helping others. This will include follow-through and flexibility to ensure appropriate and timely actions and deadlines are met.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- C1 English
- 2 Years of experience working as an admin assistant in a Shared Service Center
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize and multitask
- Demonstrates ownership through responsibility and accountability for end product
- Highly professional telephone presence; strong customer service mindset and style
- Computer-literate; strong email and calendaring skills required (Outlook proficiency preferred); proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel a plus
- Able to anticipate and meet the needs of individuals supported and colleagues
- Embodies a positive attitude; able to establish relationships both with local colleagues and those working in other offices
- Able to work expertly and effectively in a dynamic, deadline-driven, high-pressure environment
- Inventive in problem solving; high tolerance for ambiguity
- Excellent professional standards, discernment, and discretion when taking care of sensitive information
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (clear, concise)
- Flexible to work overtime on short notice
* 6 month temporary contract