- Northampton, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
Eurofins BLC (part of Eurofins Scientific) is a specialist, testing and consulting business that operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for nearly 100 years, and specialising in leather, and products such as footwear, bags and upholstery, we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
This is a standalone role responsible for all IT operations on-site enabling the business to have the systems, applications, infrastructure and support services needed to achieve outstanding service to our stakeholders. Responsible for all IT operations to ensure delivery on time and within budget of all business related systems and services to agreed performance and quality standards.
- Responsible for managing and implementing changes in our SQL based LIMS system.
- Day-to-day operational, maintenance and support services for upto 50 staff (to support fault reporting/fixing, moves and changes, minor additions, upgrades, programming changes etc.)
- Provision and management of IT systems and services to support the organisation in meeting its’ statutory requirements.
- Ensure that the organisation has appropriate, sufficient and effective IT systems and services to support all business operations. Systems and services to include:
- Desktop systems (hardware and software)
- Networks (local and wide area)
- Servers & storage
- IT Security
- Business applications (development, maintenance and support)
- Mobile devices
- Monitors and reviews the performance of all IT outsourcing and supply contracts to ensure that agreed standards and performance criteria are met. Takes appropriate remedial actions where standards are not met.
- Develop and maintain the IT strategy for the organisation including initiating and managing, when required, development projects to refresh or renew all IT systems.
- Using best practice and common methodologies in conjunction with Senior Managers to develop and maintain the IT strategy for the organisation.
- Where appropriate, manage projects directly or establish appropriate management controls to ensure that projects deliver the required functionality on time and to budget.
- Liaise with senior management to ensure that the ICT disaster recovery plans are represented and mesh with the Business continuity plans of the organisation.
- Establishes and communicates effective ICT reporting as appropriate to include written reports and financial reports as required by the Senior Management Team.
What We Are Looking For:
- Proven experience in an IT operations role
- Experience with system installation, configuration, SQL and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing
- Knowledge of working with Custom Relationship Management and Laboratory Information Systems (ideally Goldmine CRM and Labware LIMS)
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (e.g. GDPR)
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Outstanding communication skills and an aptitude for problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, IT or relevant field
Working 37.5 hours per week, Competitive Salary, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Group Pension Scheme (match contribution of up to 5 %)