Senior Scientist Liquid and Solid Formulation Development
- Zwijnaarde, 9052 Ghent, Belgium
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
Eurofins Amatsigroup is one of the leading CDMOs in Europe providing high-quality, customized drug development solutions for specialty and biopharma clients. Our focus is to support clients on the earliest phases of their development pathway (from API to the clinical packaging).
Its Belgian subsidiary, Eurofins Amatsigroup NV, is based in Ghent, offering a complete drug development package for new drug entities (biological and chemical) up to early clinical phases to third parties to help them in speeding up the development and manufacturing of their drugs.
We are looking for a person that reports to the Pharmaceutical Development Manager of Eurofins Amatsigroup NV in expanding the growth of the company.
His/her main responsibilities are:
- You develop and characterize new drug delivery formulations for different applications in the medical field
- The focus will be on the development of innovative solid and liquid formulations, enhancing bioavailability and controlling drug release of difficult-to-formulate drug candidates
- The function consists of planning and performing experimental work in a high tech environment together with data interpretation and reporting of the experiments performed
- In addition, you investigate new and innovative techniques, thereby contributing to the improvement of services offered
- You will act as a lead scientist, being a member of different project teams and coordinating the experimental formulation tasks and the more junior members in the team.
- You have a PhD with scientific orientation (Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bio-Engineering, Science or Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemistry …) or equivalent experience acquired through professional background
- You have a strong interest in drug research and development and the associated production technologies
- You have experience in the development and manufacturing of solid and/or liquid formulations
- You work accurately, you are technically minded and able to work independently after training in the matter entrusted to you
- You are flexible
- You have strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- You have experience with software such as Word and Excel
Work in a fast growing organization.
A position with responsibility within a dynamic company.
Personal development through learning on the job and additional external trainings.
A market oriented compensation.