Water Microbiology Team Leader
- Livingston, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover, from 800 laboratories across 47 countries and employs about 45,000 staff.
- Day to Day supervision of the Water Microbiology Laboratory, including deputising for the Laboratory Manager in their absence
- Ensure all samples have been registered correctly and prioritise registration according to sample date and time
- Ensure all samples are processed within stability time informing Laboratory Manager immediately if any issues arise
- Ensure plates are read and confirmation tests are carried out/read on time
- Carry out reading and confirmation of plates
- Ensure all results are entered onto LIMS on time and results are approved
- Issue exception reports and final results certificates on rotation with the Laboratory Manager to cover weekdays and the weekend
- Communicate any operational issues, equipment faults or failures immediately and directly to Laboratory Manager
- Ensure laboratory has adequate stock of consumables and place orders for consumables where required
- Set up of IQC/EQA samples- performing root cause investigations on any failures obtained
- Set up of environmental monitoring - performing root cause investigations on any failures obtained
- Non-conforming work investigations
- Ensure all team members are performing duties/tests to the specified quality and technical standards
- Knowledge of Laboratory Quality Manual in order to ensure compliance at all times with the policies, procedures and associated documents which are referred to in the manual.
- Assist Laboratory Manager in driving the laboratory forward through continuous improvement and deliver best practice in order to meet the requirements of ISO 17025 and maintain UKAS Accreditation
- Communicate with clients regarding any issues that may impact their samples, keeping the Water Customer Services and Account Management team informed
- Handling of client queries where required
- Qualifications in Microbiology or related subjects
- Practical knowledge of commercial laboratory operation
- Knowledge and understanding of all water microbiology analyses and knowledge of ISO 17025 and UKAS accreditation
- 2 to 3 years experience of carrying out testing within a water microbiology laboratory
- Ability to demonstrate people management and team management skills
- Effective communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to organise and delegate to a team
In return you can expect a competitive salary, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, good team and working environment, life assurance and other benefits such as Perkbox, car parking and employee assistance programme.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.