Director Laboratory Operations (m/f/d) Medizinisches Labor Gelsenkirchen
- Gelsenkirchen, Germany
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
As a laboratory for efficient diagnostics, Eurofins Laborbetriebsgesellschaft Gelsenkirchen mbH offers its consignees a competent, friendly and comprehensive service in all areas of laboratory medicine, microbiology and hospital hygiene at three locations. All laboratory areas are accredited according to DIN EN ISO 15189.
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
The Director Laboratory Operations will report to the Managing Director. The main purpose of the role is to optimize processes and procedures from production to logistics with focus on laboratory and diagnostic operations - Implementing and contributing to best practices of the laboratory and adapting it to specific needs. The objective of the position will be to provide the highest level of synergies across the operation sites in Gelsenkirchen, Siegen and Iserlohn, ensure cost leadership and maintaining excellent quality standards.
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
- Functional steering and management of the operations functions within the labs.
- Responsibility for quality management, health and safety including national certifications.
- Steering of local logistics processes, including assessment of outsourcing potential and ensuring a cost and workflow optimized transport of samples and documents.
- Planning layout, staff, processes and technology for a new lab facility.
- Responsibility for the effective implementation of the operating model in all labs, adjusting solutions, responsibility for the implementation, adaptation and maintenance of efficient processes and products in the lab-organization.
- Experienced operations professional, enjoying a critically important role within a dynamic company developing into a fully integrated, effectively organized player.
- Significant years of experience in the field of operations, preferably in the healthcare business.
- Master's degree in engineering / business administration/ healthcare management / laboratory medicine or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience in implementing LEAN concepts, being familiar with the appropriate tools and methods supporting the creation and maintenance of continuous improvement culture.
- Strong oral and written skills, ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and German.
- Solid decision making skills required.
- Results-oriented individual with ability to build relationships and implement solutions.
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.