- Acton, London, United Kingdom
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover, from 800 laboratories across 47 countries and employs about 45,000 staff.
Please note that this role is working Wednesday to Sunday and has shift patterns of 10.00 - 18.00 and 11.00 - 19.00.
A role at Eurofins is challenging and varied each and every day. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package to reward our great people for all the hard work they do.
- Registration, preparation and analysis of samples as required.
- Preparation of media and media QC in line with methods and standards.
- Reading plates, confirmation and validation of analytical results as required.
- Adhering to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained.
- Reporting and/or calculation of results in accordance with the methods of analysis.
- Maintain turnaround time at >99%, ensuring that daily targets are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring that UK health and safety legislation is maintained and helping to ensure that the working environment is kept in a clean and tidy manner with due attention to the careful maintenance of all laboratory fittings and equipment.
- Ensure personal protective clothing equipment is worn in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Work with the team to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
- To assist through operating best practice in order to meet the requirements of the UKAS accreditation standard.
Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided.
- Maths, English, Chemistry or Biology at GCSE grade C or above or equivalent
- Experience of working within a fast paced, busy environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In return you can expect a competitive salary, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, good team and working environment, life assurance and other benefits such as Perkbox, car parking and employee assistance programme.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.