Senior Quality Assurance Officer
- Livingston, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
Working hours are Monday-Thursday, 8am-4:30pm and Friday 8am-3:30pm
A role at Eurofins is challenging and varied each and every day. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package to reward our great people for all the hard work they do.
To assist in the running of the Quality Management System for all quality issues, assisting in the efficient operation of the laboratory, to ensure that schedules are met and that the quality of work meets specified standards- across both Edinburgh and Camberley sites. Responsible jointly with all other members of staff to ensure that the premises is a safe environment, and that appropriate safety equipment is available and used.
- Performing duties in accordance with the requirements of cGMP and Good Quality Control Laboratory Practice. Maintenance of quality related databases, supplier and spreadsheet approval.
- Review of LIMS templates
- Maintain client methodologies, internal methods and procedures, including review and release.
- Responsible for the checking and release of data from the Quality Department and production of laboratory reports/ test certificates and will be one of the signatories.
- Organisation of and taking part in internal audits for quality.
- Investigating quality related problems, complaints and anomalies as required. Assist in client and regulatory audits as required.
- Maintain an overall coordinating role for both the Edinburgh and Camberley facility for the quality systems e.g. out- of- specifications, deviation change controls etc. and perform appropriate trending.
- Report to the Quality Manager on a regular basis of progress and any circumstances which alter agreed timescales.
- Involved in the review of new equipment DQ/ IQ /OQ /PQ, ongoing calibration & maintenance, including engineers, external calibrations, temperature records/reports, equipment records, calibration certificates.
- Ensure document control procedures are followed with respect to full Quality Management System, such as SOPs, worksheets, spreadsheets, client methods, TAs and equipment files.
- To provide administration duties to system procedures and associated paperwork.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all analysis performed and associated tasks are performed in accordance with Eurofins quality policies and procedures and satisfy the requirements of Good Quality Control Laboratory Practice and are in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Ensure controlled worksheets are available and used in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for checking and release of data from the Quality Department and production of laboratory reports/ test certificates and will be one of the signatories.
- Investigation and action of quality related problems, complaints and anomalies as raised within the Quality Management System.
- Perform trend analysis where required.
- Degree in related subject preferred, may have HNC / HND with appropriate experience.
- Appropriate experience in Quality Assurance within the Pharmaceutical Industry or equivalent.
- Strong communication and organisation skills.
In return you can expect a competitive salary, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, good team and working environment, life assurance and other benefits such as Perkbox, car parking and employee assistance programme.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.