Asbestos Prep Technician
- Dandenong South VIC 3175, Australia
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 sites across 47 countries, employing about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins Environment Testing Australia New Zealand is an Environmental testing network of fully accredited laboratories. With a staff of over 200 our laboratories are located in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Auckland and Christchurch, with Client Service Offices located in Adelaide, Darwin, Newcastle and Wollongong. We also operate field sampling services out of Melbourne and Sydney. We specialise in all areas of Environmental analysis, including Contaminated Soil, Sludge, Sediments, Leachate, Soil Vapour, Trade Waste Effluents, Sewage Effluents, Stack Emissions, Work Place Air, Ambient Air, Dust, Drinking Water, Surface Water run off, River & Stream Monitoring, Seawater, and Groundwater.
Due to strong internal growth, the position of Asbestos Prep Technician within Melbourne is currently vacant, and we are seeking candidates for this exciting opportunity.
An ‘Asbestos Prep Technician’ can be employed in any of the sections of the laboratory (organics, inorganics or metals.) A Technician will perform most sample preparation, some analysis and maintenance, cleaning, and other lab duties.
Reporting to the Asbestos Supervisor the role will focus on:
- Receive and sort samples, assign tests in accordance with the ELVIS database and prepare log sheets.
- Give priority to samples that have shorter turnaround times (urgent samples).
- Perform any other duties assigned by the asbestos identifier/counter and supervisor.
- Perform calibrations of auto-pipettes, balances and other equipment listed whilst keeping the laboratory clean and in order; sort and organise analysed samples for storage.
As an important role within Eurofins, the following selection criteria are essential for success:
- Diploma in Science, Laboratory Techniques or equivalent (minimum).
- If no formal education, at least 12 months of service at an ISO17025 accredited laboratory.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- General knowledge about Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
All candidate CV's and cover letter's will be reviewed, however please note that we are not always able to respond to every expression of interest submitted.
This opportunity is only open to candidates who are eligible to work in Australia/New Zealand, and already have work rights or an appropriate working visa.