Finance Manager Norway
- Moss, Norway
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 4.2 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
The Finance Manager will be leading the finance organization in Norway, which includes the following functions: Accounting & Reporting, Purchasing, Finance IT, Payroll, Tax, Treasury and Insurance & Risk Management. More specifically, the Finance Manager is responsible for:
- Day-to-day leadership and performance management of the finance teams, processes and activities (reliable, effective, efficient), including the development of strong teams;
- Driving the implementation of standard processes and systems, in close collaboration and alignment with the Business and Group Finance function;
- Partnering with divisional business leaders and supporting decision making processes, while ensuring financial discipline across the different business lines (cash flow generation, cost management, ad hoc support);
- Integration of newly acquired companies.
POSITION & OBJECTIVES
- Day-to-day leadership and performance management of the finance teams, processes and activities (reliable, effective, efficient), including the development of strong teams:
- Organization and Management
- Organize and manage the different finance functions (Accounting & Controlling; Treasury, Tax & Legal; Credit & Collections; Purchasing; Payroll and Finance IT)
- Define and manage overall performance by target setting & monitoring, including the definition of corrective actions when & where needed.
- Inspire, motivate, develop and strengthen teams, including attracting Next Generation Leaders, in line with agreed targets & budget.
- Accounting & Reporting
- Manage accounting & month-end closing processes, ensuring reliable & timely closing and reporting of all Norwegian Eurofins entities to local and Group management;
- Manage the relationship with Auditing and Accounting firms during interim and annual reviews;
- Ensure proper controls are put in place, supervise the application of the group manual of procedures;
- Implement reporting and controlling tools on revenue, margin and operational expenses. Support and bring contribution to the Business Unit Managers in their business management role and when they set up their annual budgets. Assist in the evaluation and implementation of National profitability.
- Credit & Collections
- Coordinate the credit collections activities, which are performed by collection agents located in the different Business Units;
- Manage credit collection, litigations and bad debt recovery.
- Treasury, Tax, Legal & Risk Management
- Active management of Net Cash, Cash Flow and Net Working Capital (DXO). Propose, validate and implement corrective actions to keep these metrics in line with the levels of activity and agreed targets;
- Monitor and improve the national insurance policies, identify areas of over- and underinsurance;
- Provide legal advice to business managers on contractual matters & litigations (commercial, social & labor laws).
- Ensure compliance to tax laws and regulations; including supporting tax planning, returns & reporting, contract management and archiving (Corporate Data Room) while acting as a point of contact to local / tax authorities.
- Purchasing/ Procurement
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies in close collaboration with Group Purchasing, in order to obtain significant cost savings and manage Total Cost of Ownership, while ensuring minimum quality and service levels;
- Manage and optimize the procurement processes, systems and tools, in order to ensure effective and efficient procurement of goods and services;
- Ensure group wide reporting on purchase and the exact calculation of savings obtained (purchase database);
- Payroll administration
- Manage the payroll administration, in order to ensure employees are properly administered and paid;
- Staying abreast with (changes to) social & labor laws and regulations, in order to ensure compliance;
- Finance IT
- Define and manage together with Finance IT and the local team and in close cooperation with the Group Finance IT Service Center all relevant IT projects in the area of Finance and Purchasing (e.g. migration to new software versions, integration of new companies, etc).
- Define, implement and ensure application of optimized and harmonized processes in line with the Group standard in the area of Finance and Purchasing.
- Ensure appropriate, timely information/ communication about content and progress of the ERP-project for all project members as well as with the National Service Centre and Operating Business Units.
- Organization and Management
- Driving the implementation of standard processes and systems, in close collaboration and alignment with the Business and Group Finance function:
- Active contribution and validation of the design of standard Group-wide Finance & Purchasing processes, as proposed by Group Finance;
- Drive the implementation of these standard processes, KPI’s and controls across the different businesses and functions.
- Partnering with divisional business leaders and supporting decision making processes, while ensuring financial discipline across the different business lines (cash flow generation, cost management, ad hoc support).
- Manage the budget cycle in close cooperation with the division controllers (process, templates, timelines, guidelines) and support business leaders with the development of their budget;
- Monthly review of results & performance management against agreed targets and budget projections. Deliver reforecast of the year-end figures in case of significant deviations and/or if required by Group Management;
- Manage financial discipline, including cost controlling. Propose, validate and implement corrective actions to keep operating and overhead costs in line with the levels of activity and agreed targets;
- Support Sales Managers in defining and implementing sales rules (financial conditions, discount, terms of payment, general terms of sales) or when writing particular contracts that require specific financing;
- Analyse the profitability of different services sold, business lines, clients or client groups and provide proposals to improve the sales mix.
- Results oriented;
- High level of energy, drive and passion to succeed;
- Change agent, „can do“ mindset constantly challenging „status quo“;
- Very structured with strong organisational skills;
- Very accurate and highly reliable;
- Pragmatic, proactive, flexible and adaptable;
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner;
- Good communication skills;
- People Manager and motivator.
- Master Degree in Finance/Accounting/Engineering or equivalent.
- English (fluent written and spoken); Norwegian
- Any additional language is an asset.
- 6-10 years of experience, of which at least 2-3 years in a similar position