- Toronto, ON, Canada
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
Typical job duties:
Mobile phases preparation;
Specific basic and intermediate tests using wet chemistry and instrumentation techniques;
Running multiple samples and systems on a daily basis;
Documentation: Ensuring accurate reporting in lab books.
What we look for in our Laboratory Analysts:
Be a capable instrument or equipment operator;
Be experienced on a number of wide variety routine and some non-routine microbiology techniques, methods and procedures;
Be proficient at data retrieval and interpretation of routine analysis or tests;
Have basic troubleshooting skills, both with instruments and methods;
Be able to write lab reports;
Be able to work under Health Canada guidelines; familiarity with USP, ISO, GMP and GLP an asset;
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) when conducting the following duties:
- Perform sample preparation and procedures prior to analyses;
- Plan and organize daily work;
- Meet Quality and Turnaround Time specifications required by the client;
- Identify and communicate non-conformances to Supervisor;
- Employ proper laboratory techniques to minimize risk of mislabeling, sample mix-up and cross contamination between samples and other materials;
- Support and comply with Eurofins Laboratories’ Health & Safety program;
A B.Sc. degree or diploma in related field;
A solid background and understanding of chemistry and/or microbiology is mandatory;
Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
** Please note: this posting is for ongoing hiring for future open positions. Candidates will be contacted as open roles become available. Thank you! **